Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Maid of Honor/Best Man

Is it customary to have two best men or maids of honor?? My fiance wants to have both of his brothers be his best men. I know its fairly normal to see a maid and matron of honor, so two best men should be fine, right??

Re: Maid of Honor/Best Man

• I think it would be fine. Bottom line, its your wedding. If its what you both want then go for it!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I dont think theres anything wrong with it, imo its unneccissary, as being a groomsman or bridesmaid is an honor too...and nothing more is really required of a MOH. BM then the rest of the bridal party (yes they do typically make the speeches plan the bachlor parties, but its not required of them, only if they want to). But I wouldnt think it was wierd if I saw someone else do it.

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• Whatever he wants is fine.  BTW, your side doesn't have to "match" or be even.  Enjoy!
  • I would say it's fine as long as he has either zero groomsmen or at least two. Not one, because then the best men would outnumber him and he would feel left out. I would say the same for girls; if you have a maid and a matron (or two maids) of honor, you should have 0 or 2+ bridesmaids to avoid leaving one girl as just a bridesmaid.
  • That's fine! I was one of two MOHs in a wedding. I was the one who witnessed the marriage license and signed it.  The other one stood closest to her during the ceremony and held the bouquet.  We each gave a very short toast at the reception.
  • Thank you for all of the input.  NOLAbridealmost, I love that idea! Having one of them stand closest in the ceremony or one to give the speech and one sign the marriage license. That way they each have a defining job as the best man.
    Thanks again everyone!!
  • We are having both of FI brothers (their twins) be Best Men at our wedding.  It works out good because I have my best friend as Matron of Honor and my sister as Maid of honor
    282 Invited image
    201 Are ready to party! image
    81 Are staying at home image

Planning Bio! Pre-Wedding Items for Sale!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    October 2012 - September Siggy: Collage!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm in the same situation. My FH has two brothers and decided to have both as his best men since he didn't want to pick between the two. At first I didn't know what to think of it since I've never seen two best men and one MOH but in the end it would work out and as long as my FH is happy I'm happy.
  • I was a co-MOH once and it worked out very well. She wanted her sister and her best friend and who really is going to make you choose if you have 2 people you are close to! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are having two of each! There is no "right" or "wrong" way in this situation. And, like a PP said, the two sides don't have to match or be even!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Agree with PPs. Do whatever you guys want. We will have one MOH and 2 Best Men.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • There is nothing wrong with that.  It is your day.  Do what you want.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards