Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

B&M Monday

How is it Monday, already?!  Bleh...
Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: B&M Monday

• Options
    B&M... I'm having RD dilemmas. And I'm bitter because when my brother got married last year my parents threw their all into it and made it great and special, and his wife didn't have to worry about a thing and it was all a surprise for them.
    And FFIL just says 'Send me the Bill.' which is nice in theory, but I just don't want to deal.
  • Options
    Amy -- instead of replying in the Sunday thread, I'll do it here. I forgot about the signatures thing. Hmmm. I think our REA gave us the contract the night before (without any numbers in it) and we both signed it at home. Then, I took it into work, waited until the REA could get us the seller's disclosure and since it was good, I just plugged in our initial offer to our offer paperwork and faxed it to our REA. 

Every time there were a price change, our REA just handled it (we didn't sign something new until we finally reached an agreement with the seller). That time, I stopped by the REA's office, got the paperwork, brought it home, got H to sign it that night, took it back to work in the morning, and faxed it back.

I don't miss having all that to do! It wasn't stressful, but it was a lot of running around for me.

And to participate in B&M (although this will be a P&R til I get home tonight) ... I still don't have a dog. Not that I expected to get a response back on Sunday, really, but it still would have been nice ...
  • Options
    Cwaggoner I feel ya there! When I went home to see my parents in December FI called one night wanting the RD guest list NOW for his mom. Great I thought she's gonna do it! NOT! She doesn't care. Just tell them where and how much. Like I have nothing else to do. And now 6 weeks out and I got nothing! All my ideas keep falling through. I'm about to say screw it and were having a BBQ at our house haha. I've been to some fun RD and now I feel ours will suck! We are wanting to do something with the group after we eat (mostly bp) and were thinking Billy bobs but none of the restaurants in the stockyards are accommodating or not Mexican ( reception food). Any suggestions ladies??
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-112?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:fc7646da-eb11-4d6e-8f62-0a0ee4767b51Post:4b1c8b37-1df6-4500-be04-4d6525486bb4">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]B&M... I'm having RD dilemmas. And I'm bitter because when my brother got married last year my parents threw their all into it and made it great and special, and his wife didn't have to worry about a thing and it was all a surprise for them. And FFIL just says 'Send me the Bill.' which is nice in theory, but I just don't want to deal.
    Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]

This happened to us with DH's mom, like I needed something else to plan! I did it all...and in the end, she didn't even pay for it. Thankfully, his dad stepped in and covered the costs. It was a beat down!
  • Options
    It's a test day!  And then we start really fun units!

So I don't really have any complaints, except that I slept in today.
    Anniversary

• Options
    How is sleeping in a complaint?  Those are the best days ever when I can get an extra 30 minutes.  Like a party!!!!!
  • Options
    Does anyone here have a whirlpool front loader dryer? 
    I'm having some problems...and it has this weird burning smell. The lint trap is clean...idk what's going on. 

Also, we should have just eloped. I'm afraid these next two months are going to be very brideszilla-esque.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-112?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:fc7646da-eb11-4d6e-8f62-0a0ee4767b51Post:6931d476-84b9-4c19-8e8a-6c18fcb2d32f">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does anyone here have a whirlpool front loader dryer?  I'm having some problems...and it has this weird burning smell. The lint trap is clean...idk what's going on. <strong> Also, we should have just eloped. I'm afraid these next two months are going to be very brideszilla-esque.</strong>
    Posted by crash2729[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I'm right there with you on that one!!!!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-112?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:fc7646da-eb11-4d6e-8f62-0a0ee4767b51Post:2333fa3a-f9ff-440d-9382-80799f11458c">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: B&M Monday : This happened to us with DH's mom, like I needed something else to plan! I did it all...and in the end, she didn't even pay for it. Thankfully, his dad stepped in and covered the costs. It was a beat down!
    Posted by winechic25[/QUOTE]

Yeah FI's mom isn't contributing anything to the wedding. His dad is very well off, but he paid for all of FI's school and his sister's wedding, so it's just upsetting that she shirks all of those responsibilities.
    It will all work out I guess.
  • Options
    NWR
    After five years of working at an entry level position at my current job, and finally realizing that there was no chance whatsoever of ever getting promoted (ie: making a living wage) I came up with a plan to get a Masters and get out of this place.  And as soon as I get to the point of checking out and moving on with my life, they make a promotion available. #stopscrewingwithmymind

WR
    we still don't have a cake.
    or a wedding planner.
    or a honeymoon.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The house went under contraxt yesterday - SURPRISE! FML.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-112?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:fc7646da-eb11-4d6e-8f62-0a0ee4767b51Post:619feee7-4214-4fa0-adce-5aadf4e523fb">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]NWR After five years of working at an entry level position at my current job, and finally realizing that there was no chance whatsoever of ever getting promoted (ie: making a living wage) I came up with a plan to get a Masters and get out of this place.  And as soon as I get to the point of checking out and moving on with my life, they make a promotion available. #stopscrewingwithmymind <strong>WR we still don't have a cake. or a wedding planner. or a honeymoon.</strong>
    Posted by jenbob2012[/QUOTE]

We don't have a RD, honeymoon, MUA.... the list never ends. I feel ya!
  • Options
    This was a pretty great weekend, so I guess my only B&M is that FI and I are still having the "where are we going to live/work" discussion. So we can't look for houses there unless he decides we're staying there, but I can't look for new jobs here unless he commits to moving here. Bleh.

For those of you who read my Best Man drama saga, I totally went off on him Friday night (at a bar, because he canceled on us for dinner *shocker*) and for the most part he just sat there and took it. I didn't yell, I just explained to him how what he did was totally unacceptable, how screwed up his life is lately and how his best friends (FI and his housemate) don't even know who he is anymore. I think he might be struggling with some things (he tried to blame his behavior on that), but if he doesn't tell us, we can't help. Things were calm the rest of the weekend, even when we ran into him at the basketball game Saturday night. So for now everything is good, but I made it clear to him that bad things will happen if he ever even thinks about talking to me like that again. So with under 2 weeks until the cruise I'm feeling better about this sitatution than I have in months :)
    **Planning Bio** UPDATED! 4/9/12 Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-112?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:fc7646da-eb11-4d6e-8f62-0a0ee4767b51Post:5559b64f-b41a-4011-b784-f7c917d4c270">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: B&M Monday : We don't have a RD, honeymoon, MUA.... the list never ends. I feel ya!
    Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]

<div>you're right the list NEVER ends!!  i forgot to add RD to that list as well!  i *finally* found a MUA, i'm not sure if i'm allowed to post the website but i'm using shelby at face forward.  i've actually never met her but i trust the person that referred her to me :)</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-112?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:fc7646da-eb11-4d6e-8f62-0a0ee4767b51Post:795524c4-6b27-452a-9d5b-037671f5db10">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]The house went under contraxt yesterday - SURPRISE! FML.
    Posted by angelsong21[/QUOTE]
    Oh, I'm sorry. <div>That's terrible. </div><div>
    </div><div>Things will all work out! 
    *hugs*</div>
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-112?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:fc7646da-eb11-4d6e-8f62-0a0ee4767b51Post:f3daeddb-e16b-4af0-b8c8-6b41df4874e0">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]For those of you who read my Best Man drama saga, I totally went off on him Friday night (at a bar, because he canceled on us for dinner *shocker*) and for the most part he just sat there and took it. I didn't yell, I just explained to him how what he did was totally unacceptable, how screwed up his life is lately and how his best friends (FI and his housemate) don't even know who he is anymore. I think he might be struggling with some things (he tried to blame his behavior on that), but if he doesn't tell us, we can't help. Things were calm the rest of the weekend, even when we ran into him at the basketball game Saturday night. So for now everything is good, but I made it clear to him that bad things will happen if he ever even thinks about talking to me like that again. So with under 2 weeks until the cruise I'm feeling better about this sitatution than I have in months :)
    Posted by kristan1022[/QUOTE]
    Good for you!  And while I still hope your FI will stand up for you in the future, at least you now know you can take care of it yourself if need be.

Amy, I am so sorry about the lastest house.  :(
  • Options
    I am glum about today. And this past weekend. I hate funks like this. 
  • Options
    Apparently burger kings have started serving whoppers for breakfast @8am. Who would eats a whopper @8 am? Ugh.
  • Options
    Trying to figure out how to best consolidate all my student loans... what a headache. If anyone has advice feel free to PM me or start a thread about this :)
    **Planning Bio** UPDATED! 4/9/12 Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    My only B&M of the day is that my FI is being super emotional and sad today. Poor guy just needs a break. We are trying to figure out honeymoon and RD, but I found a place in downtown I can get a cake for $2.50 per slice...going to check them out soon. 

In other news...last night I made "drunken" gummies....basically took a bag of gummi bears and drowned them in alcohol which they soaked up to make a very spiked bear. I'm craving more, but sadly I'm at work. 

Kristen- Glad that things ended up working out in the end. That can be so frustrating to be treatred like that. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Light-hearted B&M: I just got all of my bridesmaids' shoe sizes in case I find a good deal on shoes, and even though I am the SHORTEST of the entire group, I have the largest shoe size by one whole size. I seriously have gargantuan feet. The tallest girl is 6 inches taller than me.
  • Options
    I have a B&M, we had Matt's family over for dinner last night since his grandma was in town. We made this great dinner, and I tried a new dessert I found on Pinterest, and it was FANTASTIC! But Matt thinks they're like crack and we decided we could never bake them again given how much butter and sugar are in the reciepe. He actually had to run water over the pan I cooked them in so he would stop eating the crust that was left around the sides. . Why does great tasting food always have to be so horrible for you? These were Salted Carmel Butter Bars. And they rocked our world!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-112?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:fc7646da-eb11-4d6e-8f62-0a0ee4767b51Post:27bf471d-a6fe-4ec6-ae30-d32eb460b0fa">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a B&M, we had Matt's family over for dinner last night since his grandma was in town. We made this great dinner, and I tried a new dessert I found on Pinterest, and it was FANTASTIC! But Matt thinks they're like crack and we decided we could never bake them again given how much butter and sugar are in the reciepe. He actually had to run water over the pan I cooked them in so he would stop eating the crust that was left around the sides. . <strong>Why does great tasting food always have to be so horrible for you?</strong> These were Salted Carmel Butter Bars. And they rocked our world!!
    Posted by winechic25[/QUOTE]
    Story of my life! It is why I can't lay off sweets. Ever. <div>
    </div>
  • Options
    My B&M is I feel like total crap and ache everywhere. On the brightside I have tomorrow off and plan on doing nothing.

Kristin- I'm glad you got a chance to speak your mind and tell BM how you really feel, hopefully he will back off.

Amy- that really stinks about the house. It's so damn stressful buying a house.

And why can't people either call or email you back when you're trying to set an appointment or need a question answered? Two different people have blown me off since Thursday. That's no way to run a business.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    MBC0310 - How many people are you having? Have you tried Cattleman's? It's a decently tasty steakhouse (with a separate space that would be do-able) but they might be pricey.

Kristan - We need to consolidate FI's student loans as well, so if you find anything out please share! I have no idea where to even start, but I know it's possible.

My B&M for eternity: they blocked theknot at work!!!! Not to mention, they also blocked all other things of awesomeness (Pinterest, Etsy, etc.) I think they have a new filter or something but I am going to be soooo unmotivated to stay in for lunch now. Plus, how am I supposed to plan a wedding now you damn IT people, you? Worst day ever.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards