Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

garter/boquet toss

I have been to 9 weddings in the last 2 years... I have never witnessed a good outcome with this. I don't mean that people knock each other out or anything... I have seen couples get into huge fights after (example... instead of 'single' ladies catching the boquet, its 'unmarried ladies') and after having one of the guys put a garter way up her leg, her boyfriend got mad. (which I'm not sure that I blame him.)

I really hate the idea that 200+ people are going to watch FI stick his head up my skirt - which he might not be able to do anyway - thanks mermaid style dresses! - and take a  piece of lingerie down my leg with his teeth. I think its inappropriate now, and I see no fun with it. I kind of want to skip it...

Also, I'm not sure I want to toss the boquet either. While I have yet to witness a fight, I've seen a lot of falling/pushing/drama unfold over it. Its the end of the night... people are probably tired and tipsy...

Would I be a total jerk for leaving these two things out?? One of my good friends didn't do either at her wedding and nobody noticed...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards