Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Groom's Gift

I an trying to start thinking about what to give my fiance as a grooms gift. I know it should be something personal but I have no idea what to get. What are you guys thinking about?

Re: Groom's Gift

• We aren't giving each other gifts on our wedding day. We are writing love letters to each other though. I, like DramaGeek, don't see the point and we are working on a fairly strict budget. If you really want to exchange gifts then go for it. Traditionally the bride gives the groom cuff links or something of that nature to wear on the wedding day. Etsy has some really cute and unique ones. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It depends on your budget and his interests.  I personally got FI a camera; we're both into photography at an amature level, and we needed a new "point and shoot camera" anyway, and I knew we couldn't use our primary camera much on our honeymoon because it's just too expensive to risk getting wet or damaged by taking it the beach etc (it's a Nikon Digital SLR camera) so I got him a "point and shoot" camera that's also meant for outdoor use; it can go underwater up to 33 feet and it is also shock proof so it can be dropped.  I figured we'd be able to capture all our honeymoon memories without worrying about ruining a camera this way, and its something he's interested in as well.
  • I went to Things Remembered and got him cuff links to wear on our wedding day. I had his initials engraved on them. They come in this nice little silver keepsake box, so I had our wedding date engraved on that as well. I also got him a small flask and had "Jordan's Wedding Day Warm Up" on it, since I know he will be drinking with his buddies during the day of the wedding. That's a given! =P
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm thinking either personalized cuff links, or a really nice watch.
  •  I got a T1 watch because I got the ring I wanted so he got his watch ;) He loves it I say a good watch would be great!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards