Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Flower toss

What do I do if I don't want to toss my flowers? or do I have to?

Re: Flower toss

• edited July 2010
    The florist will usually ask you if you want a tossing bouquet which is just like yours but only smaller. Or you could make a fake one to save money. You don't actually toss yours in case you want to get it preserved or freeze dried.
  • Thank you so very much, Smile
  • No you don't have to toss anything.  You can just skip the whole bouquet/garter thing.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • I am getting a toss bouquet but won't be tossing it. We're going to give the garter and the bouquet to the longest married couple @ the wedding.
    And the whole time, my future husband was in the room...... image image
  • You don't have to do anything.  I am skipping this tradition.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Another idea I saw was to make a bouque out of scratch and wins lotto cards and toss that. 
  • JenO24JenO24 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    We're skipping the garder/bouquet thing all together
    imageAnniversary
  • Ditto pps

But I just wanted to mention often the florist will throw in the toss bouquet for free...mine did.
  • We are skipping this tradition too.  But my florist did ask me if I wanted a toss bouquet so if you are going to toss something, they will make a small bouquet specificially for that purpose.
    Vicki & Ali - 3/5/11 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm skipping it... no one actually wants to do it.  It's embarrassing.
  • I did the bouquet toss, but we had a large group of friends who are not married yet so there was a large crowd for both the bouquet and garter toss and they were both a lot of fun. To answer OP's question, I did what a lot of pp's mentioned and had the florist make a smaller "toss bouquet" so I didn't have to toss my bridal bouquet.
  • Nope. I didn't. I've actually never been to a wedding where the bride tossed a bouquet.

If you want to toss, but not yours, the florist will make you a tossing bouquet- smaller usually. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards