Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

Monograms

When making a monogram, I know that the couple's new last name is the middle initial. But does the bride's first intial or the groom's come first? My name begins with "J" and my FI's begins with "R"...so would ours be JLR or RLJ?

Or is there even a strict protocol?

Re: Monograms

• Options

I think usually it's bride first, then last name, then groom.

• Options
    DramaGeek is correct as far as I am aware.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you! I thought so, but I wasn't sure, and I didn't want to just seem like I wanted my initial first. :)
  • Options
    annakb8annakb8 member
    First Comment
    edited November 2010
    It is correct to have the bride's initial first. Also, you should only use this monogram after you are actually married. For instance you should not put it on the invitations (although some brides use their own monogram) but it is totally fine to use it on anything at the reception or on your thank you cards.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_monograms?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:36Discussion:74d73a15-e51c-41d7-ae8a-98b10ba52567Post:72f53328-e5d1-432e-8406-94086d532caa">Monograms</a>:
    [QUOTE]When making a monogram, I know that the couple's new last name is the middle initial. But does the bride's first intial or the groom's come first? My name begins with "J" and my FI's begins with "R"..<strong>.so would ours be JLR or RLJ</strong>? Or is there even a strict protocol?
    Posted by jaclynricky[/QUOTE]

I think PPs are right and the bride's comes first.
    BTW, This is mine and FI initials too. :)
    Next to being married, a girl likes being crossed now and then. - Jane Austen
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards