Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

My mom walking FH down the aisle?

When my parents got married, they went to my mom's hometown in Colombia.  None of my father's family was there, so my grandma walked him down the aisle, and my grandpa walked my mom down the aisle.

Now, my FH's parents retired to and can't return from Mexico.  His mother is disabled due to multiple strokes and cannot walk or talk.  He didn't have a good relationship with her AT ALL and hasn't spoken to his father in 2 years.

How do you think I should approach the idea of my mom walking him down the aisle?  They have a wonderful relationship.  I don't know if it would be a bad idea.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: My mom walking FH down the aisle?

• Options
    This is a sweet idea, and if everyone involved likes it, go for it. He also, just like you, definitely doesn't need anyone to walk him.
    Lizzie
  • Options
    i think its a sweet idea! I'd approach this as an "You know, at my parent's ceremony, my father was in a similar situation, and they did this. Would you be interested in doing the same?"

I wouldn't get your hopes up though, like everyone else says, it needs to be his decision. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards