Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

halloween wedding

HELP!!! me and my fiance are getting married on halloween of 2013 and have no idea where to start, other than the colors are red and black with very few accents of white and silver. Im so worried and cant afford a wedding planner. Please Help

Re: halloween wedding

• Not to rain on your parade but I would also be prepared now for a lot of declines, especially from people with children or grandchildren.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • A Halloween wedding sounds fun! Get your guest list together first from your parents and your in laws. Then, you can figure out how much you can afford. My reception alone (food, drink, renting the place) was 60% of my total cost. 

Also, pick 3 things that you would pay extra for and 3 things that you would scale back on. In my case, I paid extra for photography, reception venue and the ceremony venue. (I personally recommend paying the extra money for a great photographer. Your day goes by so quickly and you have your memory and photos to remember your day.)

I scaled back on my dress, centerpieces and invitations. A friend of mine put extra for her invitations, centerpieces and cake. And she scaled back on her favors, bridal accessories and ceremony.There is no right or wrong answer. It's whatever you decide.

This rule may help you in budgeting your wedding.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_halloween-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:36Discussion:7e6ab56f-3e68-4c9d-80da-d30c9158bb7bPost:653f22cb-a549-4312-a09c-ea12d94ec0be">Re: halloween wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not to rain on your parade but I would also be prepared now for a lot of declines, especially from people with children or grandchildren.
    Posted by GoodLuckBear14[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Halloween is also on a Thursday in 2013, so I'd take that into account as well. You may be able to get a deal with some places because it's an off-day, but you need to take into account people getting off work and such when you're deciding on what time to start things. </div><div>
    </div><div>If you're talking about getting married either weekend surrounding the day, I suggest the weekend after rather than the weekend before. I'm getting married November 3 this year, and we have far less Halloween stuff to plan around, most of the school things or planned trick-or-treats tend to be the weekend before. </div>
  • edited September 2012
    You might want to check out the "Gothic Wedding" board (under "Wedding Theme Boards"). It's not the same as a Halloween wedding, but it might give you some ideas. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If you can, start thinking about what you would like to do for decoration, favors, etc. especially if you are going with the Halloween theme.  I know it's super early but if you can figure that out then you might be able to save a lot of money by buying things when they go on sale after Halloweed this year. Make sure to check out Oriental Trading or Party Supply Stores online for their sales. Good luck!!
  • I agree with the poster who said ppl might not come bc it's a holiday. That's the risk u take when you book a holiday. A Thursday doesn't help your cause either. I think it'll be a beautiful wedding but prepare for a whole lot of declines.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have seen some very lovely Halloweeny theme weddings that had nothing to do with haunt and ghosts.

Go to
    ruffledblog.com
    greenweddingshoes.com
    stylemepretty.com

and do a search for pumpkins or halloween, etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards