Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

gift for future husband

We're giving gifts the day of the wedding, to be opened in each area where we're getting ready - I am clueless though! No idea what to get him!!! Any and all suggestions welcome!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: gift for future husband

• Traditionally, it is something like a nice pocket watch or cuff links. However, you know your groom best. Is he wanting a new playstation or guitar? What are his hobbies? You can also consider boudoir photos. Some wedding photographers will add them 'a la carte' style, or you can google your area. If you live near a decent sized city, you can probably find at least a couple people.

• maybe something he has been wanting for a while. im doin B-pics
  • I also did boudoir pics and I'll be giving him the book on our wedding day with a note. I loved it because it was really a gift for both of us because I had so much fun doing them!
  • Do you need a few gifts then if you are giving him one for each area?  What about a framed photo of the two of you (one of your favorites or an engagement photo?)  Also what about something with his favorite team on it (shirt, etc?)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Fi has been wanting a nice quality Celtic Cross for awhile so I will be finding/purchasing one to give him it on the wedding day. Everytime we're near a jewelry store I have to talk him out of it or fake a restroom trip.

• I am also doing boudior pics!  Can't wait!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm giving him a an antique pocket watch becuase he's wanted one his whole life. I'm going to get it engraved. I think it's the perfect gift for him.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • A few weeks before the wedding day I gave DH cuff links made from the seats at Fenway Park since he is a baseball fan.  On the wedding day I had a bridemaid hand him a Message In A Bottle that I had ordered online.  I selected an Air Force bottle to pay homage to his former military service and I wrote a very special note telling him I couldn't wait to meet him at the altar shortly.
  • I'm planning on getting tickets to his favorite football team. He's never seen a live game, so he will LOVE it!
  • I bought my fiance a fancy camera.  I already gave it to him so that he can practice taking pictures ahead of the honeymoon. After all the money he spent on my ring (plus the thought and effort he put into it), I felt like he deserved a nice present too!
  • I'm also doing boudoir pics, but I'm also getting him some Guinness cufflinks along with the album. I got him Alice in Chains tickets too, but that was half a gift for me :)
    imageAnniversary
  • I bought my FH a diamond earring. His mom and I bought the set together and plit it. His dad will get his as a 40th anniversary present and he will get his on the wedding day.
  • I'm getting my future husband a Wii, he's been wanting one for a while and plus we can have fun with it together.  :-)
  • my groom likes watches like women like shoes, so im getting him a watch hed never buy himself bc of price. 
    "The perfect marriage begins when each partner believes they got better than they deserve."
  • My fiance and I are getting married July 31st. We are huge Disney fans and are actually getting married at Disney. If you've seen Disney Pixar's UP, you'll understand this. We love this movie. In the movie, you'll see something called the Ellie badge (a grape sode bottle top on a clothespin. In the movie, Ellie writes to her husband something about letting their adventure begin. Well, I find the pin online and bought it. When he opens it, he'll find the pin with a note saying, "And our journey begins..." He will also realize later on that these are the same words engraved on his ring!

So, your gift doesn't have to be an expensive gift, but it could be a $2.00 gift that will last him a lifetime!

Congratulations, and all the best!
  • jrkslejrksle member
    First Comment
    We joke around a lot, so I'm getting my FH a t-shirt that says "My Wife is AWESOME". 
  • I struggled with this, too.  Thought about b-pics, but just ran out of time.  I just came across tickets to Ron White after we come back from the honeymoon.  We LOVE him, and they were very reasonable.  I am thrilled, it is something he doesn't have and we can enjoy it together.  Plus, after spending so much on the weddng and HM, this is incredibly cost effective.
  • I really can't afford to spend a lot on an elaborate gift for my FI (as we're paying for the wedding ourselves). Also, when I think of some of the items I know people are giving their FIs as gifts, it reminds me of Christmas or birthday presents. I don't think my FI is going to be giving me anything on our wedding day...well, of course he is giving himself to me, duh! lol But I don't think he's giving me a gift because I just don't think he's thinking about it being an occasion for us to exchange gifts.

However, I still wanted to give him a little something that is meaningful to him. He has never worn a suit or tux before and seems pretty excited about the one he'll be wearing for our wedding. He even mentioned the "cool" cufflinks that he gets to wear. lol They're your typical onyx or tiger-eye cufflinks. Since he seemed pretty into them, I decided to get him a pair of custom-made cufflinks with the Metallica logo (his favourite band). I ordered them from Etsy and they came in the mail today. They look great! I'm so excited to have them delivered to him on our wedding day (I want him to open them where he's getting ready). They were fairly inexpensive and he'll probably only wear them once...but it's a neat way for him to personalize his look.

Also, I think I'm going to order him a flask and cigarette case too. They have skulls and roses on them. It's a style that he was much more into before we met (anything with a "bad boy" image). He was looking up personalized flasks for our GM on Etsy when he came across this particular set and asked if I could order them for him. I said, "Really? Are you sure?"...all the while secretly planning to order them for him.

So yeah, that's what I'm doing. Nothing fancy...nothing expensive. But I think he'll really like them!!!

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm also doing boudoir photos.
  • We didn't even know about this tradition until about a week ago.  lol
    We are paying for our own wedding and it's taking just about all our cash and then some.  (The whole planning process has been quite hectic for both of us, too.) So one evening after work he turns to me out of the blue:
    "Gasp...Wedding presents" - with a very worried look on his face
    Me: "What?" - Confused
    Him: "Someone told me we have to give each other presents"
    Me: "What?  " - Still confused, now I've got the worried look too
    Both together: "the wedding...all the Stuff involved with that...the honeymoon....a lifetime our being married and together...No, we don't have to do extra presents too"
    Both together: "Deal? ...Deal!"
    <3I love him
  • JenO24JenO24 member
    5 Love Its First Comment

I'm getting him a watch that he's wanted for the past 2 years and he's getting me a pink stone ring w/ diamond accents.  We've already talked about it b/c we'd rather make sure what we're getting can be used during our wedding too. 
    He doesnt have a watch to wear w/ his wedding attire and my fav color is pink plus is a main color for our wedding...so he'll have a watch to wear and i'll have a ring to wear.  Sure theres no surprise in the gift, but the letter we'll write to each other for that day will be truly the best surprise.

imageAnniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_gift-future-husband?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:36Discussion:83152614-9c61-477e-99b6-4ec204ad14a5Post:71f221c2-1824-40d0-99d8-5019b6f0baf9">Re: gift for future husband</a>:
    [QUOTE]We didn't even know about this tradition until about a week ago.  lol We are paying for our own wedding and it's taking just about all our cash and then some.  (The whole planning process has been quite hectic for both of us, too.) So one evening after work he turns to me out of the blue: "Gasp...Wedding presents" - with a very worried look on his face Me: "What?" - Confused Him: "Someone told me we have to give each other presents" Me: "What?  " - Still confused, now I've got the worried look too Both together: "the wedding...all the Stuff involved with that...the honeymoon....a lifetime our being married and together...No, we don't have to do extra presents too" Both together: "Deal? ...Deal!" <3 I love him
    Posted by ivy_leaf85[/QUOTE]

I never understood why you have to exchange gifts either. I mean, on top of the wedding, rings, and honeymoon  (If going on one), I think that's enough. We both agreed to use the money that would have been spent on gifts towards a nicer honeymoon. But I am going to write him a nice note to read the morning of the wedding.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards