Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

bouquets & boutineers

Do I HAVE to have bouquets & boutineers for my wedding party?

Re: bouquets & boutineers

• Options
    HECK NO!  I've been to lots of weddings with the bride holding something more personal to her or nothing at all.  I think it is just a good way to keep your hands busy looking....

My groom is not wearing boutineers nor his groomsmen.  He doesn't like the way they look, so instead opted for a kerchief that matches his tie in the pocket.  That looks very handsome and clean. 

Remember: whatever you do, it will be perfect.  It's your day together!
    Time of our lives Anniversary
  • Options
    I think pocket squares look great for the guys, they don't need bouts.  As far as the girls - I can't say I've ever seen BM's not have bouquets but there are many other things they can carry besides flowers.  I do think it would look kind of odd to not have ANYTHING to carry but it doesn't have to be flowers.
  • Options
    Nope,  you don't even have to carry a bouquet.  I carried a hand fan and H wore a brooch as his boot
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks Everyone!!!  I appreciate it!
  • Options
    I would recommend having bridesmaids carry something, but it doesn't have to be a bouquet. The reason I say they should carry something is because it looks awkward when bridesmaids don't know what to do with their hands. They're standing up in front of a lot of people, watching you get married while still sort of facing the guests. I know that if I wasn't holding something, I'd start playing with my dress, fidgeting with the sides. Uncomfortable for the maid, distracting for everyone else. There are other options though. I've seen pictures of maids holding fans, pinwheels, single flowers. Basically, anything that reflects your wedding!
  • Options
    I was thinking of scrapping the bouquet idea completely and have the girls carrying paper fans with a string of beads outlining them to make them more old worldy. I was thinking I might carry a hand fan or something of the like.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards