Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

That whole car-decorating tradition... yea or nay?

So my fiance and I are a bit torn on whether we should let our car be decorated for when we leave the reception.  He has seen too many weddings where cars have been pranked and bad/harmful things done to them, and his car is new, so I can understand why he's a bit leery, even though I'd like to think none of our friends would do anything horrible to our car, at least not intentionally (and we're not serving alcohol, so hopefully that will help.)

I, on the other hand, really love the idea of having photos of us driving off in a car that says "just married" with some other minor decorations, etc.  To me that seems like such a nice tradition.  And if we did, we'd use my car which is 11 years old. 

Of course, even if we don't hide the car in someone's garage, there's no *guarantee* anyone will decide to decorate it for us anyway.

I was just wondering what you all think of this - if you did have a decorated car, was anything really bad done to it?  Were the photos worth the annoyance of cleaning it all off after?

Any advice would be quite helpful, thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards