Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Wedding Day Time Frame

I'm not sure if this is the right board to be posting this question on but I think this is the topic it most fits.

I'm trying to plan out the timeline for my wedding day. Mainly what time to have the ceremony, dinner, and dance start at. What I'm wondering is how much time to allot for each aspect.

Details:
-- The distance between the church and reception site is about 18 miles and will take approximately 20-30 minutes to drive. 
-- The dinner will be half-buffet style, where the guests will receive a ticket for what they RSVP'd with for their meal and will hand the ticket to the first server who will dish their plate accordingly. We are estimating 200-250 guests.
-- My reception hall has a a cut-off time of 12:00 midnight.

My initial thought was to have the ceremony at 3:00, dinner at 5:00, and have the dance start at 7:00. But I've been wondering if that might be too much time in between. I don't want my guests to be standing around bored. My second thought was have dinner at 5:30 and dance at 7:00 but I'm just not sure how much time to allot so the guests won't be rushed but I also don't want too much time either where they will be standing around waiting.

Any and all input welcome! TIA
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards