Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

Rehearsal/Ceremony/Reception Combo Venue

2»

Re: Rehearsal/Ceremony/Reception Combo Venue

• Options
    Ok I'm getting sick of people using the words Newbie.....just because you go around posting all the time doesn't mean someone who has only a few posts is a newbie a LOT of people don't even look at the messages boards so does that mean their newbs even if they've been on here a year?  Stop acting like you're some sort of saint...if you have a problem with what someone has said private message them and let them know.  BTW I am not targeting anyone in specific so please don't come back with an insult to me as if I am bashing you personally.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_rehearsalceremonyreception-combo-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:36Discussion:af2deb8b-9951-402a-812c-9c51c0834417Post:b83e268c-3fd3-445f-b985-ebd94b688587">Re: Rehearsal/Ceremony/Reception Combo Venue</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok I'm getting sick of people using the words Newbie.....just because you go around posting all the time doesn't mean someone who has only a few posts is a newbie a LOT of people don't even look at the messages boards so does that mean their newbs even if they've been on here a year?  Stop acting like you're some sort of saint...if you have a problem with what someone has said private message them and let them know.  BTW I am not targeting anyone in specific so please don't come back with an insult to me as if I am bashing you personally.
    Posted by Gismo123[/QUOTE]

Clearly you're targeting those who use the word newbie. I don't personally use it, but don't act like you're not "targeting" anyone, since you've listed a specific trait that you are upset about.

And if I have a problem with what someone has said...then I can say it wherever I want. Be that private message or board. If you POST ON A PUBLIC BOARD then you better be ready for the PUBLIC RESPONSES. You chose not to be discreet, why does anyone else need to? Why don't YOU follow your own advice and private message every single person who uses "newbie" on the boards about how upset you are.

Yeah. Didn't think so.

By the way, this is not an insult to you. I'm not calling you anything. Stop being so overly defensive. And stop trying to tell people how to post.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Hawaii with my best friend =)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_rehearsalceremonyreception-combo-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:36Discussion:af2deb8b-9951-402a-812c-9c51c0834417Post:b83e268c-3fd3-445f-b985-ebd94b688587">Re: Rehearsal/Ceremony/Reception Combo Venue</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok I'm getting sick of people using the words Newbie.....<strong>just because you go around posting all the time doesn't mean someone who has only a few posts is a newbie a LOT of people don't even look at the messages boards so does that mean their newbs even if they've been on here a year?</strong>  Stop acting like you're some sort of saint...if you have a problem with what someone has said private message them and let them know.  BTW I am not targeting anyone in specific so please don't come back with an insult to me as if I am bashing you personally.

IMHO, newbie is not a bad classification; it's how TK labels so if someone has an issue they should take it up with TK creators themselves
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    [QUOTE]ok I'm not upset about the word newbie I just didn't like  the way people are using the term like their saying "hey I've been here longer so I have more power" and Manwaithiel you have some real anger issues that you have to work out....everytime someone posted something that you didn't like you were quick to defend what you had to say and then to bash the person who said it.  I am not angry at all...I feel sorry for you that you feel the need to get so much attention by going around bashing anything someone posts.  This isn't highschool and you're a grown adult so please act like one.  Now if you want to go and bash what I just said go ahead because I'm guessing that's how you get your kicks and it really is not going to hurt my feelings.
    The "this isn't high school" argument is really old. It's typically regarded as the poster doesn't have anything of real value to add.

And if you think Manwaithiel has anger issues, you must live a very very sheltered life. Her responses were laid out in a very calm, concise fashion. I think you would pass out from shock if you ever meet someone with ACTUAL anger issues.
  • Options
    Manwaitheil has "anger issues"?  I have to say that you have awfully thin skin if you really feel that way.  I honestly haven't ever felt that way, and I've read a lot of her posts. "Anger issues"-that's amusing.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    And, I don't remember who said it now, but to the person who said some of us throw our weight around that we've been here longer - you only see us reminding a poster that we've been here longer when that particular person tries to tell us how to respond.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_rehearsalceremonyreception-combo-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:36Discussion:af2deb8b-9951-402a-812c-9c51c0834417Post:b83e268c-3fd3-445f-b985-ebd94b688587">Re: Rehearsal/Ceremony/Reception Combo Venue</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok I'm getting sick of people using the words Newbie.....just because you go around posting all the time doesn't mean someone who has only a few posts is a newbie a LOT of people don't even look at the messages boards so does that mean their newbs even if they've been on here a year?  Stop acting like you're some sort of saint...if you have a problem with what someone has said private message them and let them know.  BTW I am not targeting anyone in specific so please don't come back with an insult to me as if I am bashing you personally.

Ok, really? Because clearly you weren't targeting anyone that JUST used the word "newbie" in the post before yours.

First of all, you can't tell people what to post, or what to "call" other people. This is a public message board, available internationally. Sorry. Second, you're contradicting your own point here...

[QUOTE]a LOT of people don't even look at the messages boards so does that mean their newbs even if they've been on here a year?[/QUOTE]

To the message boards <em>yes</em>, which is the whole point of half the stuff that's been posted on this topic!! That <strong><em>newbies</em></strong> get offended when they first start posting things that people who have been here (that is, the <em>message boards, </em>to clarify) see repeatedly... you are proving that point, btw.

I have no problem admitting that I'm a newbie. On other boards we've actually been called "fetuses" which plays on the fact that we haven't been on the boards long. Hence, my last post, which you clearly misconstrued. So maybe <em>you</em> should quit the snarkiness and take a chill pill.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_rehearsalceremonyreception-combo-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:36Discussion:af2deb8b-9951-402a-812c-9c51c0834417Post:838fe4d5-ee12-4478-8d76-58dde2c26930">Re: Rehearsal/Ceremony/Reception Combo Venue</a>:
    [QUOTE]ok I'm not upset about the word newbie I just didn't like  the way people are using the term like their saying "hey I've been here longer so I have more power" and Manwaithiel you have some real anger issues that you have to work out....everytime someone posted something that you didn't like you were quick to defend what you had to say and then to bash the person who said it.  I am not angry at all...I feel sorry for you that you feel the need to get so much attention by going around bashing anything someone posts.  This isn't highschool and you're a grown adult so please act like one.  Now if you want to go and bash what I just said go ahead because I'm guessing that's how you get your kicks and it really is not going to hurt my feelings.

P.S. In psychology we call this <em>projection.</em>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_rehearsalceremonyreception-combo-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:36Discussion:af2deb8b-9951-402a-812c-9c51c0834417Post:87841031-cba0-4ee2-8034-b920e5d5e984">Re: Rehearsal/Ceremony/Reception Combo Venue</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rehearsal/Ceremony/Reception Combo Venue : P.S. In psychology we call this projection.
    Posted by BDoug713[/QUOTE]

Nice =)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Hawaii with my best friend =)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    So I guess if I end up having my rehearsal dinner at the same venue, I'll have to decorate, take down, and re-decorate the place twice, yes? Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of having the venue the night before to decorate for the wedding if all our time will be spent making it look different for the rehearsal and then taking everything down from the rehearsal? I guess I hadn't considered that. Shucks. Unless I did the basics like lights and linens the same and just changed stuff like centerpieces, etc? Seems like overall it would end up costing more in decorations and require more work. Hmm...gotta think on that.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_rehearsalceremonyreception-combo-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:36Discussion:af2deb8b-9951-402a-812c-9c51c0834417Post:caaf81f8-3330-4704-9d39-b03dbfdbca6d">Re: Rehearsal/Ceremony/Reception Combo Venue</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I guess if I end up having my rehearsal dinner at the same venue, I'll have to decorate, take down, and re-decorate the place twice, yes? Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of having the venue the night before to decorate for the wedding if all our time will be spent making it look different for the rehearsal and then taking everything down from the rehearsal? I guess I hadn't considered that. Shucks. Unless I did the basics like lights and linens the same and just changed stuff like centerpieces, etc? Seems like overall it would end up costing more in decorations and require more work. Hmm...gotta think on that.
    Posted by nbkq6bf[/QUOTE]
    We solved that issue by not decorating for anything other than the ceremony/reception at all.  Of course, our "decorations" only consisted of some scattered tea lights and rose petals, so there wasn't a whole lot to do to get the wedding itself set up.  You could look at doing the rehearsal and dinner relatively early so that you have time to do the heavy lifting of the setup afterward, leaving the easy stuff for the wedding day.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    I don't really think you need "decorations" for an RD.  Food and beverage.  IMO, an RD should be a low-key, laid back dinner before the big "hoopla" of the bigger wedding day.

And since your RD is for your family and WP, will they really care if there aren't "decorations" for it?

My DD had her RD at the wedding venue, and after dinner, everyone decorated for the next day's wedding.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    You're telling me to take a chill pill? lolm I'm not the one who flipped out when someone else used the term OCD in a way they didn't like?  Ya that makes a lot of sense.  Everyone...and I am including myself in this....needs to stick to answering the original question and stop causing drama...this will be my last post on this subject.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_rehearsalceremonyreception-combo-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:36Discussion:af2deb8b-9951-402a-812c-9c51c0834417Post:8b453f36-6def-4e76-a1a3-dc0bf708a962">Re: Rehearsal/Ceremony/Reception Combo Venue</a>:
    [QUOTE]You're telling me to take a chill pill? lolm I'm not the one who flipped out when someone else used the term OCD in a way they didn't like?  Ya that makes a lot of sense.  Everyone...and I am including myself in this....needs to stick to answering the original question and stop causing drama...this will be my last post on this subject.
    Everyone else has gone back to the original topic.  You're the only one still trying to cause drama.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    Ok, good, I thought I had to do two sets of decorations and that was more work I didn't want to worry about and more money I didn't want to part with.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_rehearsalceremonyreception-combo-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:36Discussion:af2deb8b-9951-402a-812c-9c51c0834417Post:1af48228-5191-441e-8181-e0b3d40ec2d2">Re: Rehearsal/Ceremony/Reception Combo Venue</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok, good, I thought I had to do two sets of decorations and that was more work I didn't want to worry about and more money I didn't want to part with.
    Posted by nbkq6bf[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, the wedding industry is set up to make you part unnecessarily with as much of your money as possible.  A girl on one of the other boards uses a One Day rule, which I like: if it won't matter one single day after the wedding, it doesn't matter period.  I think that RD decorations fall into that category.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards