Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Make-up and Hair, who did you consider?

Hey all-- I'm a lurker but I would love your help finding the best make up artist and stylist for my big day. I have reached out to some well-reviewed vendors but I don't know how to narrow it down besides price. (For the record, I'm looking at Nicole Cano, TC Makeup, and Knockout Beauty.)

Who did you consider for hair and make-up? How did you make the decision?

Re: Make-up and Hair, who did you consider?

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2012
    I picked my MUA based on 1) a recommendation from this board and 2) every bride/Knottie she did looked absolutely stunning. 

Both brides Nicole has done here looked beautiful.  I don't know anything about the other two.  But if you're not going to do a trial, then I would strongly consider taking a recommendation from this board.

I used Kristin Colaneri.  Mitzi Merritt was another one I considered.
    ETA:  Oh wow, Mitzi is now with TC Makeup!
    MUA - Mitzi Merritt, A.  Mitzi does great work.  She's now with TC Make-Up, so I think her prices have gone up a little, but she's amazing.  I'm not sure what else to say, except that I loved my make-up and she was so easy to work with.

ETA:  Here is another Knottie review:

Knockout Beauty, Cat Smith: A+Cat did a wonderful job! I really felt like a princess! She is creative & I just let her do what she felt worked best. I ended up getting extensions and they looked flawless in my real hair. The airbrush make-up was wonderful as well. Even though this is her side job, you can tell h&mu is her real passion.

So I think you're safe with all 3!  :)
  • Options
    cwaggoner07cwaggoner07 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2012
    I'm a Nicole Cano bride!! I loved her, and she's my normal hairstylist, too. She's amazing, and so sweet! For makeup, she's somewhat limited. She doesn't do airbrush, and since she doesn't do a lot of makeup, you have to provide your own foundation and powder for color matching purposes. I wear a lot of makeup on a normal basis, and have brands that I love so that wasn't an issue for me, but I can see how someone who didn't wear a lot of makeup may not be comfortable with that.
    She was trained at Toni & Guy, but is now independent. Hair is definitely her specialty.

Another bride here just had Nicole do her hair, and had another MUA.
  • Options
    Cat with Knockout! The review above is mine!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards