Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

old, new, borrowed, blue

Hey, so far I have my old item. But anyways, what is your something old,new,borrowed,blue items??? and, do you have to ask to borrow the borrowed item or is someone supposed to just let you borrow something???

Re: old, new, borrowed, blue

• Options
    Old - nada
    New - shoes, dress, veil...
    Borrowed - jewelry
    Blue - I'm making a replica of the blue ribbons we wore at my cousins funeral and pinning it to the inside of my dress. That way I'll have him with me :)
  • Options
    Old- not sure yet

New- Um, dress? Veil?

Borrowed- My grandma's opal necklace

Blue- The necklace, I think
    Amanda and Eric Gettin' married 10/10/10
  • Options
    OLD- FMIL is giving me a diamond from a ring that was given to her by her MIL and  has been in the family for a long time. I picked out a setting, it should be done soon.

NEW- New red chucks I am wearing under my dress to the wedding

BORROWED- Nothing yet, mybe some jewelry from a close friend

BLUE- I recently bought a big crystal heart that is on a very light blue ribbon to wear as a choker.
    Photobucket

We make the sun shine... Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Old - not sure yet.  I may borrow something from my mom/grandma for the bouquet.
    New - Dress, veil, shoes, etc.
    Borrowed - ditto the "old" piece
    Blue - My underwear has blue on it
  • Options
    tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited July 2010
    Old - handkerchief that my grandma made using lace that was hand made by my great-grandmother

New - little gold horseshoe

Borrowed - sixpence from my mom

Blue - blue rhinestone clips to attach to my bouquet
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    Old- a penny from the year I was born attached to my shoe
    New- dress, veil, etc.
    Borrowed- purfume of my favorite scent borrowed from a friend
    Blue- fabulous blue heels :)
  • Options
    Old:  Sewing a piece of my Mother's wedding gown inside mine, so she will be with me at the wedding : )
    New: dress, shoes, veil, necklace
    borrowed: piece of jewelry from a friend or that perfume idea is really good!
    Blue: ?? not sure yet, maybe underwear
  • Options
    Old- Mom's veil
    New- dress & shoes
    Borrowed- Grandma's pearls, great-grandmother's handkerchief, great-uncle's Irish Fivepence
    Blue- Shoes
  • Options
    Old - not sure yet. I was hoping this board would help me!!!
    New - dress, shoes, veil, etc.
    Borrowed - Mom's pearl necklace and earrings
    Blue - Undies!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    old - my ring is my fiancee's grandmother's engagement ring and my bolero jacket is being made out of my mother's veil
    new - my dress (that's the easiest one!)
    borrowed - don't know yet! forgot about this one!
    blue - don't know yet! thinking of sneaking something small into my bouquet. we're not doing a garter, which is the usual place.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker White Knot

• Options
    Old - I'm making a garter out of one of my mother's old scarves.
    New - FI plans on buying me a new star of David necklace to wear.
    Borrowed - A set of yellow or green bangles from my "mom".
    Blue - Custom made blue panties that say "NewLastName" on the back.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    OLD:  Not sure yet.
    NEW: Veil.  My aunt is making me a mantilla veil from the scraps of lace from my dress.
    BORROWED:  Not sure yet.
    BLUE:  My shoes.  :)
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Old - Hairpiece. I recently removed from these flower embellishments from an old pair of heels that had seen their end, and I'm going to use them to make my hairpiece, I think.
    New- Dress
    Borrowed - Not sure yet, but probably some type of jewelry. Ha, are you supposed to ask someone to borrow their stuff or do they offer?
    Blue - Our colors are navy and green, so that's pretty easy. But I've seen a navy/green garter I really liked.
  • Options
    Old- the side diamonds in my e-ring a from FI's grandmothers ring
    New- Jewelry
    Borrowed- Moms garter from her wedding
    Blue- Some fantastic shoes (4.5 inch heels, love them)

*steph* my colors are navy and green also. They look amazing.
  • Options
    nfp147nfp147 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    OLD/BORROWED: Some personal items from the three deceased grandparents.  I'm borrowing them from my sister who used them during her wedding.

NEW: Dress

BLUE: I had the lady who made my veil add in a couple of small blue crystal at the back.
    Anniversary image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

TTC Since January 2011 - We have bad sperm IUI #1 (February 2013) = BFN Nestie Besties with Xan921
  • Options

Old: a pin from my aunt and cousin's antique shop that I will be pinning on the inside of my dress.
    New: dress, veil, shoes, pretty much everything :)
    Borrowed: my hair comb. My bridesmaid used it in her sister's wedding about two months ago and offered to let me borrow it because it matches my jewelry.
    Blue: blue frilly underwear from my bridesmaids.

• Options
    Old: my great grandma's wedding and engagment ring....she got it in 1937 for her 15 year anniversary. I am going to wear it on a chain around my neck.

New: Dress, amazing shoes, veil....and the list goes on!

Borrowed: Bracelet from my grandma.

Blue: New York Yankees garter.
  • Options
    Old:  my great grandmother's watch & my grandmother's pearl bracelet
    New:  dress
    Borrowed:  a broach from a co-worker
    Blue:  a second broach with a blue stone in the middle
  • Options
    Old- Necklace my great-great aunt gave me grandmother for her christening that my grandmother gave me when I was a little girl

New- Garters

Borrowed- both of my grandfathers' wedding rings will be stitched to the bodice of my dress against my heart

Blue- I'm dyeing my petticoat!!!!!  (SOOOOOOOOO ridiculously excited!!!!!)
  • Options
    old- my rosary from quinceanera intertwined in my bouquet
    new- dress, shoes
    borrowed- jewelry from FMIL
    blue- both of our rings from high school have a sapphire stone so i will have those tied around the bouquet as well.
  • Options
    Old - Don't know yet
    Borrowed - Future Sister In Law's veil
    New - Wedding Dress
    Blue - Undies
  • Options
    Old- I have a necklace that my siblings gave me eons ago, a locket with their pic in it but its gold with bronze and silver accents and my ring is white gold so I dunno. It might clash too much.

New- dress, shoes, etc. 

Borrowed- My fiancee's sister still has the petticoat from her dress and MAGIC it fits my dress too. Score. 

Blue- my shoes are AWESOME and bright blue. I LOVE them. :D

Wow I didnt even realize I had all this worked out until I typed this up. Thanks for asking! :D
    Trust your heart, love knows the way. Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Old - My Mom's veil

New - dress & shoes

Borrowed - My aunt's earrings she wore on her wedding day

Blue - my garter (its Auburn)
  • Options
    Old: My Grandmother's juliet cap/veil
    New: Pearl/diamond drop earrings
    Borrowed: Also the veil
    Blue: My garter
  • Options
    Old: A diamond bracelet fiance gave me last Christmas.
    New: Dress, shoes, jewelry
    Borrowed/Blue: My mom's sapphire ring, I think.
  • Options
    old - charm from my late grandmother's necklace that was given to me after she passed away; charm will dangle from ribbon at front of my bouquet
    new - dress, veil, shoes, etc!
    borrowed - um...?  am thinking about asking FMIL if she has something that she would be willing to loan me that is meaningful to her and would be easy to incorporate
    blue - garter that my fiance caught at my MOH's wedding (I caught her bouquet!  We got engaged on their 2-year anniversary!!)
  • Options
    Old: My great grandmother's diamond brooch, worn as a hairpin
    New: Necklace
    Borrowed: Earrings and bracelet from a friend who got married a few months before me
    Blue: My grandmother and mother made my dress, and I had them embroider their initials and my wedding date to the inside lining of the dress.
  • Options
    Old:  My great-grandmother's broach for my bouquet
    New:  Dress and shoes
    Borrowed:  headband from my bm that she wore when she married my cousin and my MOH's veil
    Blue:  Grandmother is embroidering our initials and wedding date on a layer inside my dress in pale blue
  • Options
    OLD: My late aunt's diamond pendant will be attached to my bouquet so I will have a piece of her with me. She meant the world to me.

NEW: My FABULOUS bridesmaids gave me a pair of Manolos as a gift, and I will be wearing them for the first time at the wedding.

BORROWED: I am borrowing the hairpin that my MOH wore on her wedding day.

BLUE: My mother surprised me by having my grandmother's diamond and indian sapphire brooch made into a necklace. I blubbered for an hour when she gave it to me. I guess it could technically be my "something old" too.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards