Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

who's who in the wedding party when creating a wedding program

I have a question?  I am starting to put together my wedding programs and my fiance's mother has passed away but his father has been dating the same woman for more than 5 years.  I am going to list my parents and then my fiance's dad....do I need to list his partner or companion in the program or no?  Do I say Father of the Groom and guest...or Father of the Groom and partner.  I am not sure if I need to list her on the program at all... and if so...how do I do it properly?  Please Help! 

Re: who's who in the wedding party when creating a wedding program

• Options
    I would avoid "Special Friend" as it sounds odd.  Ask your FFIL what he would like to have put down for her so as to avoid any drama that may come from her being offended at a simple "guest".
  • Options
    I would say something like "Father of the Groom, accompanied by [her name]."
  • Options

I agree with jaciforsman on the idea of not putting her in there since they are not married, but I also think that it would be a good idea to get the FFIL's opinion. Good luck!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_whos-who-in-the-wedding-party-when-creating-a-wedding-program?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:36Discussion:d0a17730-b137-4a3f-bdb8-3311689c5391Post:754bbc5d-139d-491f-9509-6616a9e990b5">Re: who's who in the wedding party when creating a wedding program</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would say something like <strong>"Father of the Groom, accompanied by [her name]."</strong>
    Posted by calliopeia2013[/QUOTE]

<div>This. Simple, yet to the point.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker edited
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards