Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

First Look vs. Not seeing the bride before

Due to our time constraints, we are having to do a first look so we can take pictures and not miss our reception. 

My fiance really wanted to not see me before the wedding, but understood. Because he will have to see me, I really want to make our first look special. 

Is there any suggestions or things that you all have done to make the first look special?
Miranda Winslett etsy.com/shop/MrandMrsWinslett mrandmrswinslett.blogspot.com

Re: First Look vs. Not seeing the bride before

• Options
    How can the first time that you & your FI see each other in your wedding attire get any more special? Our photog & videographer worked together to find a nice semi-secluded spot at the castle we took all of our pictures at. I walked down a balcony to meet him. The setting wasn't special, it was the moment. If you want to have it more private (i.e. family not watching), then just tell that to your photographer and they'll do the arranging.
  • Options
    ElleB87ElleB87 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012

Since we had a private DW, H and I got ready together and took some photos before the ceremony (we also walked down the "aisle" together) and our day was no less special and he still remembers the first time he saw me all dolled up.

Edit: What made the entire day special was the fact that it was our wedding day, it didn't need anymore pizzazz

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're doing the first look and the photographer said that he would find us a quiet space for that first moment, take a few photos and then allow us a few minutes of time together before doing the rest of our photos befor the wedding.

Talk with your photographer on how you can coordinate a private, special time with you both.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think you are over thinking this... Like the PP's said, the moment itself is special enough and doesn't need to be dressed up at all.

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards