Texas-San Antonio
Options

Where to buy wedding dress?

Okay, so I thought I had a place in mind, but after reading reviews for several san antonio places, I am completly lost at where to shop. The reviews are HORRIBLE for these places. I would love to have the "Klienfield" experience, but I know that is not realistic. I would like to at least find a place that has good customer service and does not rip you off (again, horrible reviews). My mom is flying from CA just for one weekend to shop for my dress and I would like a decent shopping experience.

(I've tried David's bridal and was not please...my moh did all the work while the consultant took off).

I appreciate your feedback!

Re: Where to buy wedding dress?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Which DB did you go to? And did you go on a weekend, did you have an appointment? I went to the DB on 410, close to North Star and had an amazing expereience. 

I've heard Alfredo Angelo is a good place to look at. Most malls, like Rolling Oaks, has bridal salons (Al's Formal Wear). HTH!
  • Options
    txcyclisttxcyclist member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a great experience at Mayfair Bridal on Broadway. I also went to DB on 410 on a Saturday and my mom and I did most of the work even though I had an appointment. I ended up buying my dress at Mayfair.
  • Options
    kcb10kcb10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I bought my dress at Alfred Angelo - I went there 3 times before I found the dress, and each time was a good experience.  It's best to make an appointment, especially on the weekends! 

• Options
    rvrtrvrt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-san-antonio_buy-wedding-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:103Discussion:0168291e-e8e8-4c98-b9a1-0ef59b5a7a35Post:86a708b1-f9d7-4c48-97d9-f8474d520241">Re: Where to buy wedding dress?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Which DB did you go to? And did you go on a weekend, did you have an appointment? I went to the DB on 410, close to North Star and had an amazing expereience.  I've heard Alfredo Angelo is a good place to look at. Most malls, like Rolling Oaks, has bridal salons (Al's Formal Wear). HTH!
    Posted by stacie+luciano[/QUOTE]

Hello, I went to the on on 410, had an appointment, only two people were in the store with about 4-5 sales people. They said they were really busy and I had to wait (about 20 minutes, still that was fine with me). Then the consultant put me in the room, hung up the dress and left. She said let her know if I need help, she left too fast to tell her yes. Then my moh took over the appointment because the consultant was no where. She came back after 20 minutes and asked me if I liked it. Then left again. Towards the end of the appointment, she finally (after someone else was helping us) came over and answered questions regarding the train. Out of no where I was on the stand and she picked up the dress and directed me to the room. She told me they wanted her to take her lunch and I had to change out of the dress. That was my bridal appointment and was very disappointing especially since I drove nearly 3 hours to get there! I think each person has their own experience good or bad. I'm glad some people, like you, were able to have a wonderful experience!

Thanks for your input :)
  • Options
    rvrtrvrt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    To the others:

I will definitely check out Mayfair and Angelos! Thanks for your help!

Any other help is still appreciated :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love Mayfair!! I got my dress there.

There is also a place in New Braunfels called Celebrations that is really nice!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, Celebrations is a very wonderful place. Those ladies are very helpful! I went there with my brothers ex to buy my BM dress for their wedding and I LOVED it. They're open until 5 on the weekdays, so make an appointment!

And I'm sorry you had a bad experience at DB.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I went to Bridal Salon of San Antonio and even on a Saturday it was not chaotic and the ladies there were very helpful.  I also went to the AA on 410 on a Saturday and was just completely overwhelmed by the number of people in there.  I ended up going back to AA on a Monday evening and it was the best dress shopping experience.  Good luck in your search!

Anniversary
  • Options
    DeadUtopiaDeadUtopia member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I liked how nice the girls were at Alfred Angelo. I went to the location off of IH 10. There's also another bridal store called Glamour Bridal on Culebra road and the ladies there were nice when I went there to look at dresses.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Mayfair is great.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bridal Galleria off of San Pedro.  :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    saraohairasaraohaira member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    mayfair!!!!! although the dresses are JAMMED in there they help you pull any dresses your interested in..i am inlove w my dress!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also vouch for Bridal Galleria.  They are great (just make sure you have an appointment) and helpful.  The Bridal section is tucked away so you're not hanging out of your dress in front of a store-full of strangers like at other shops.  The dresses they carry are of better quality (fabric, craftmanship, structure) than at other stores and prices are reasonable (designer gowns will never be cheap, unless you buy the sample).  Good luck with the dress hunting!!
  • Options
    mcanteramcantera member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Vera Wang and Pronovias in NYC!
  • Options
    eltraaeltraa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Debis Bridal (the Northside Location) their very helpful, fun, and Debi knows her stuff and makes you feel beautiful
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to the Alfredo Angelo on 410.  I had a great experience each time.  My consultant was very attentive and sweet.  Her name was Eli.  I definitely recommend her!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    cha3306cha3306 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went with Debi's Bridal near Northstar Mall.  They are very helpful and have excellent customer service.  They're not pushy and you don't have to have an appointment.  They're not all over you either like David's Bridal.  They offer help for trying on wedding dresses, but don't have to take the whole gown off you like David's Bridal.
  • Options
    mys6586mys6586 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress from Julian Gold. It's a small store but they have excellent customer service.
  • Options
    rvrtrvrt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all for your wonderful suggestions! I will start my search from there! Smile
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a wonderful experience at the DB at ingram.. that's where i got my dress.
    Bridal Galleria off of San Pedro is WONDERFUL!!! the ladies there were very helpful. They just didnt have what i was looking for in a dress.
    Alfred Angelo's was a great experience as well. The ladies were very helpful and friendly.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker When you are in love you cant fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. ~ Dr Seuss
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards