Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

Overwhelmed

This is my first post...(and I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question  either) 
My FI and I both want a small wedding and there's no question of it being on a tight budget.  So this is my question-Can I skip the STD cards? I know most people send them, but I'm so overwhelmed with the small budget we'll have to work with.  Even though it's just going to be family and close friends, there's going to be inviting around 75 people. ( I have a huge, close knit family.) 

Re: Overwhelmed

• Options
    You definitely do not need STD's. Not everyone sends them. Your close friends and family will probably already know your date. If there's someone you're concerned about just call or email them to let them know to save the date. The STD's are the first place to save money.
  • Options
    We did not sent out STD's.  The only time I see these as being needed is if you're planning a destination wedding a year or more in advance.  Otherwise, an invite a few months before the wedding is more than enough :)
    84image 73image 11image Wedding date: June 11, 2011 :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We aren't sending them. I made sure I emailed or Facebooked (gasp) all our OOT guests that need to make travel/work/school arrangements well in advance, but other than that, we have just been telling people the date. We are also on a very tight budget and this works for us.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker pregnancy calendar baby development
  • Options
    STDS are totally unnecessary for a non destination wedding. 

Actually, they came about about a dozen years ago for business events, not weddings.
  • Options
    I didn't send them. I just forgot too! But they aren't necessary (unless it's a destination).
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_overwhelmed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:36Discussion:da3c7d45-e58b-49c0-8f8f-59c463d741e5Post:b8ccaeed-4980-4961-b591-018967205a2c">Re: Overwhelmed</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didn't send them. I just forgot too! But they aren't necessary (unless it's a destination).
    Posted by almost-a-bride[/QUOTE]

<div>STDs aren't necessary for destination weddings either.  It's definitely a good idea to give DW guests (or any out-of-town guests to any wedding) more than 6-8 weeks to make travel arrangements, but STDs are NEVER necessary.</div>
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. I already feel much better about it. Most of ou family and friends live locally, within 2 hours, but  most just around the corner. .So I was really not sure why I would need STD, except I see them so much.  I'm so relieved to be able to cross them off the list.! :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards