Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

Black cocktail dress as a wedding dress, please help!

Hi all

I have PROBLEM finding a wedding dress. My wedding is next week and I still don't have a dress yet. The problem is that I don't want to wear a traditional wedding gown. I have been trying on SO MANY dress from a different bridal shop. I have ordered a designer wedding gown from bloomingdales, lord taylor, etc you name it. However, none of them have actually fit me perfectly. I just don't feel "right" with any of the wedding dress I have tried on.

By the way, I found the "right" one last week. It's a black knee-lenght vintage/ chic dress from Betsy Johnson. It is more like a cocktail dress than a wedding dress but the moment I saw this dress I was in tears! I'm in a limbo at the moment. I don't know if I should wear that dress in my wedding day or not. I told my FI about it and he's totally cool with the idea. I'm afraid people will give me craps about wearing black and non-wedding gown. The groom and his party will be wearing khaki with ivory shirt. My wedding is kinda intimate/ informal. We only invited 30 guests. Our theme is vintage/ chic so it will have a lot of lace, ivory, pale pink color. I'm very self-conscious so it will take a lot of courage for me to actually do something that is totally difference than others.

Any advice please?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards