Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

need ideas for thank you gifts for parents

OK, so I have a mother and my fiance has divorced parents and I've been looking online for potential gift ideas and am turned off by the traditional choices. We plan to give each parent a photobook of the wedding but that's probably a few months after the wedding and we want to give them something else at the rehearsal dinner. Any ideas? Would be much appreciated.

Re: need ideas for thank you gifts for parents

• What about a gift card to a nice restaurant? A bottle of wine? What do they like to do or where do they like to go?
  • We did gift cards.  Dad got Southwest Airlines, Mom and stepdad got their favorite hotel, FIL and SMIL got a favorite restaurant.  They're getting albums for Christmas.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I think being more creative and/or personal is the way to go. Gonna have to put some thought into it. MIL loves the opera, so perhaps tix may be nice. Thanks again!
  • You know your folks better than us, but one suggestion might be a night away somewhere in a hotel after all the stress of the wedding planning is over so they can relax and focus on themselves. A nice dinner out could also accomplish this for less money.

I think we'll try to do something personalized. We obviously won't have wedding photos yet, but we might try to do something with an engagement photo of ours. Or we might try to be creative with shots of us and our parents when we were little kids. Something sentimental is good with parents a lot of times.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards