Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Need an idea for "something old"

Hi, mother of the bride-to-be here.  When my daughter was born, we received a flower arrangement with lace, which I saved with the intention of having a wedding garter made for her from it.  I have one piece with two finished edges that would make a nice garter, but also another piece with one finished edge, about 3 or 4 inches wide, more like an edging. Now the time is near, and am wondering what else I could do with it to make them a memento.  Any ideas? 

Re: Need an idea for "something old"

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_need-an-idea-for-something-old?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:36Discussion:f6933312-0e54-4cfc-b7b7-a6bd2e00ea9fPost:1e3827e2-7fd2-4884-a252-b23b1fc3ccac">Re: Need an idea for "something old"</a>:
    [QUOTE]How long is it?  My daughter carried a lace-edged handkerchief with her bouquet.
    Posted by CMGr[/QUOTE]

I thought of a handkerchief, but this piece is only about 2 feet long of useable stuff.  Looking more closely, though, it's a double row of the design.  It's not real woven lace, so I think I could cut it with a sharp exacto knife and maybe edge a handkerchief for her from it.  That might work...thanks for making me rethink!
  • Lace is nice to wrap the stems of the bouquet.  I used satin, but lace would be really nice.
  • How about around the unity candle??? That is what I'm using my Grandma's veil since she has past.
    Junebride12
  • kfraskfras member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_need-an-idea-for-something-old?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:36Discussion:f6933312-0e54-4cfc-b7b7-a6bd2e00ea9fPost:d2a2a6d6-24cb-4fcb-8046-4e480f2ba663">Re: Need an idea for "something old"</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lace is nice to wrap the stems of the bouquet.  I used satin, but lace would be really nice.
    Posted by Lisa50[/QUOTE]

I agree with this, I was going to suggest using it to wrap the stem of her bouquet. Or maybe somehow make it into a pocket square for the groom. Start a nice tradition :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Around the bouquet would be nice or the garter.
    Vacation Anniversary PitaPata Dog tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards