Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Parent's 25th Wedding Aniversary

So my wedding happens to fall one week before my parents 25th wedding anniversary, because of this my parents are not going on my mom's dream vacation to DisneyWorld for their 25th, instead they are paying for me to have my dream wedding.  I know they will still get their trip eventually, but I still feel bad and would like to do something nice for them at the wedding.  I am planning on toasting their maritial sucess during the toasts and I got them a nice aniversary gift, but I was wondering if anyone knew of any cute traditions to go along with our unique scenario? or is toasting them enough?

Re: Parent's 25th Wedding Aniversary

• This made me smile.  My son and DIL were married a week before our anniversary.  Our DD and DIL were married 3 years later:  4 days before our anniversary. 

IMO, as a former MOB and MOG:  I can take a trip anytime. I like Disney.  And it will still be there next year.   My son and my DD only get married once.  We were happy to plan an anniversary trip for another time to share our children's wedding days with them. 

So while it's very sweet of you to be concerned, please know that being MOB (and MOG) is so much better than a trip to Disney.  They were truly among the highlights of my life as a mom.

Now, having said that:  you want to recognize your parents' milestone, but keep in mind that you want to be sensitive to your in-laws as well.  It's not their anniversary, but it's a special day for them as well.

Perhaps have the wedding photos of both sets of parents with their names and wedding dates on a card in front of them.  Have the dj play your parents' first dance song and invite them to dance.  Better for me would be a heartfelt handwritten letter thanking them for giving you a role model for a successful marriage.  It would be so meaningful, yet personal.

Instead of tossing your bouquet, could you give it to your mom with a wish for a happy 25th?

GL.  Your parents are lucky to have such a caring daughter.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • I have heard that if you send your invite to Mickey & Minnie- you get a nice congratulatory certificate back. Why don't you send them an invite for your parents 25th anniversary??  And a "gift certificate" for dinner good for whenever they do go?
    BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
  • I went to a wedding that fell on a guest's anniversay (not a family member).  The bride and groom had the dj do a speical dance for the anniversary couple.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards