Alright, so the 14th is our tasting, which means that the resort wants to know our selections for the tasting by Saturday.
They will have us doing the food tasting followed by a wine tasting, after which the head chef will come out and speak with us for awhile to discuss what we did/didn't like.
We are doing a buffet style meal (one of the few requests FI had) so I want to make sure there's a nice selection, but I am torn on a few meals, so I figured I'd ask you girls what you think.
I get 2 selections for entrees besides the pasta. I am thinking maybe one red meat and for the other do you think chicken or seafood?
Here are a few of the options that have caught our attention:
- Slow roasted prime rib with rosemary Yorkshire pudding and pan juices
- Carved striploin of Canadian beef topped with caramelized onions and mushrooms and Cabernet jus
- Roasted chicken breast, sage and marjoram sauce
- Slow roasted garlic and lemon chicken breast with spinach cream sauce
- Pan roasted halibut with vanilla and lime butter sauce
- Atlantic salmon with artichoke and sauce vierge
- Ontario lake trout with saffron aioli and crispy capers
- Grilled and marinated breast of chicken with lobster agnolotti with tarragon sauce
I'm SO not good at having to choose!