Texas-San Antonio
Options

Freaking out!

I just found out on wednesday my dad has liver cancer and it's at an advanced stage so surgery is not possible. The only thing the doctors said they can do is try and prolong his life with radiation therapy but he is also not eligible for chemo because of the risk of liver failure. I am freaking out...I want to move the wedding up but my MOH is out of town in october and I shudder to think of trying to plan a wedding by september. The prognosis for him is not good and I have to have my dad at my wedding. Please pray for my dad or send good energy out for him. His name is Curt and he's the best dad a girl could ask for.
Photobucket image

Re: Freaking out!

• Options
    marissa54marissa54 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry to hear about your father. I will keep him and  your family in my prayers. I know this time is rough but you will get through it. As for moving the wedding up, I know you can do it and I'm sure your vendors will do all they can to help you out. Keep us updated! : )
  • Options
    MBLoveMBLove member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know what I'd do without you girls!!! cikeller--I'm so sorry about your dad. 20 is a very young age to lose a hero. I'm 27 and I still feel like I'm too young for this to be happening. I can't focus at work and it's just tough times ahead for our family. My update is that I really am going to do this on September 19th...so far all my vendors have been great and have agreed to the change. My wonderful photographer Caitlin is shooting our E-Pics this weekend! Keep your fingers crossed that I can pull this off and thank you for continuing to keep my dad in your prayers.
    Photobucket image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been thinking about you and praying for you, which is not something I go around saying. Anytime you need support, or virtual margaritas, just log on and we'll help you figure out how to get everything done.Thank you for your kind words- yes, and my sister was 12. I don't know you, but I love you. I wish you the best for all of this, you and your dad.Okay, now I sound creepy. Damnit, I need mor caffeine today....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards