Texas-San Antonio

Let's do a Poll!

So it is raining in Houston right now and I was thinking about what I can being doing for wedding so I figured we could poll. What is your wedding date? ( So others who are near you should maybe think of things they should be doing) What are the accomplishments you had in July? What are your goals of things to get done for August? What are you procrastinating on? Oct. 10, 2009 Invitations came in Bridesmaids Dresses came in Ordered Bridesmaids Gifts First Dress Fitting DJ song list Ordered my Future Hubby's Ring! Halfway through the marriage prep class Getting invitations addressed Finalizing decorations for Reception Get Parents presents Start Dance Classes Procrastinating on the small details like guest book table set-up, and ceremony small details and ordering place settings... plates, napkins, ect.

Re: Let's do a Poll!

• jgilbergjgilberg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here is mine:October 17th, 2009Things done:Ordered Invitations (should be here next week)Envelopes addressedOrdered Bridesmaid Gifts- Etsy clutchesFirst Dress FittingWedding Bands came in.Wedding makeup trial (today!), booked makeupAugust:Send out invitesFinalize menu and reception decoration look with catererFinalize flowersFinalize lightingTalk to band about song list, finalize song choices.Second FittingTuxesKetubahHair trialProcrastination....There are so many things that I have been holding off on getting picked...Dance classes, veil, hair flower, all that place setting stuff, picking out favors (if I want them).~Julie
  • edited December 2011
    September 26th, 2009 Finished my DIY Invitations First Dress fitting Ordered custom made veil Booked Hair and Make up Ordered send off/ favors ( sparklers with personalized matches) Booked baker for Cake For August.. Final dress fitting, seating arrangements last of diy projects (and there are several) DJ song list Order rings Not procrastinating much as its down tot the 2 month mark! I have to have to have to book the officiant this week.. that's one major procrastination.
  • edited December 2011
    October 17, 2009July Accomplishments:Ordered Paper and bought everything I need to DIY Invites!Started working on layout of invitationBooked FloristBooked Honeymoon to Playa Del Carmen!!!!!Booked BridalsAugust-Need to Accomplish:Finish Invitation design and assemble all and get them ready to mail. Work on Music for ReceptionFinalize flowersFinish buying gifts for Attendants and familyOrder Wedding Bands!!!I'm really not procrastinating on anything at the moment, I was on flowers but I finally got that done.
  • edited December 2011
    December 19, 2009What are the accomplishments you had in July? -First wedding dress fitting....my second is tomorrow as well!- Tux rentals- Registered for gifts at Crate and Barrel and Bed Bath and Beyond.......I'm thinking of doing Macy's too- Ordered wedding jewelry (still waiting for it to arrive!)- Slowly began addressing envelopes- Met with officiantWhat are your goals of things to get done for August? - Bridal party gifts- Book hotel room for FI and me- Hair and makeup trial- Decide whether or not I'm going to do favors (and begin working on them or buying the supplies if I do decide to do it)What are you procrastinating on? Hair and makeup trial, getting an updated passport for the HM, guest book (I want to make one using picaboo.com), figuring out dates/invite lists for showers
  • edited December 2011
    October 17, 2009What are the accomplishments you had in July? -Got wedding bands-Makeup Trial-Booked Engagement Pics and Bridal Pics-Took Engagement Pics-Booked location for bridal pics-Booked florist for bridal pic bouquet-Booked room for wedding night-Booked ceremony music-Sent invites to calligrapher-Bought stamps for invites-Bought wedding albumWhat are your goals of things to get done for August? -Book rehersal dinner-Confirm food and arrangements with venue-Book linens-Confirm groom's cake design/setup-Get wedding bands engraved-Finalize programs-Mail invites-Schedule trial run for hair-Book hotel for night before wedding-Find garter-Final dress fitting/alterationsWhat are you procrastinating on? Pretty much everything to do in August! :)
  • edited December 2011
    I'm kind of early in the game. My wedding is in a year. :pWhat is your wedding date? November 13, 2010 What are the accomplishments you had in July? -We booked our ceremony venue with the SF Cathedral.-Visited a few reception sites. Right now we're still deciding on that.-Picked our colors. What are your goals of things to get done for August? -Booking our reception venue and then relaxing for the next couple of months.- Taking engagement photosWhat are you procrastinating on?-Soldifying our reception venue choice.
  • marissa54marissa54 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wedding Date: May 15, 2010July Accomplishments:Ordered Save the Date'sGot our passportsSelected linen companyBought a new printer for DIY projectsSecured hotel blockMade last payment on wedding bandGoals for August:Assemble save the date'sBridal dress shoppingProcrastinating:Getting in shape--I need to get back on the wagon!
  • edited December 2011
    Ha, well, not really going to answer the poll (kind of pointless since my wedding isn't until May 2011!).  But...I did want to thank zetabritt84 for posting this one!  I'm so worried that I won't know when to do what, so this gives a little bit of an idea! THANKS! :-)
  • edited December 2011
     Wedding date: December 20, 2009July Checks (not nearly as many as there should have been!):- Bought veil and jewelry (love them both)- Going to order BM dresses tomorrow- Booked DJ (this might have been in late June...I can't remember)- Ordered lights for the centerpieces and kind of put one together- Narrowed down ideas for BM gifts- Bought cake server- Bought favor making suppliesEnd of July/August to-do's:- Order BM gifts- Get FI to go order tux (he wants it to be a surprise, like my dress, so I'm not allowed to go with him, silly boy)- Finish designing and order photobook from MyPublisher to use as guestbook- Find nice looking but cheap toasting flutes- Hotel blocks- Dress Alterations- Make-up/hair trial- Get centerpiece supplies- Ideas for parents gifts and grooms gift- Start making invitations- Rehearsal dinner stuffProcrastinating on:- Finishing our registries - I have no idea why I'm putting this off because it's actually fun- Hotel room block - this just seems super boring- RD booking- Finalizing the centerpiece - I suppose I'm putting this off since all of the stuff is at my parent's house and I just don't go up there that often
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards