Texas-San Antonio
Options

Ceremony music!

I will be getting married at St. Joseph's church and although I was given two references for an organist, I'm not so sure that's the way I want to go. I like the whole, mini cathedral feel, but I was leaning more towards a harpist.Does anyone have any suggestions or experience with a harpist/ know of any alternatives?The organ player was going to charge $250, and for now, that's my budget for ceremony music...

Re: Ceremony music!

• Options
    Little_Lily_9Little_Lily_9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If I'm not mistaken, there is an S.A. Knottie (gymnast5787) who mentioned her mom is a Harpist and is reasonably priced. You should ask her to be sure though. Hope your able to find what your looking for :)
    "If music be the food of love, play on ..."-William Shakespeare

imageMy Wedding Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm working with Allegretto Music for my wedding and they've been great so far.  You can check them out at www.allegrettomusic.com. Hope you find someone!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was at the Bridal Show last month and they only had two  booths that featured harpists and I listened to both of them so I can definitely give you an honest opinion.Nelda Etheridge: First, I liked her attitude.  She and her flutist were very friendly to my fiance and I. We both wanted to know if she could play the Arioso(what I'm walking to) and even though she didn't have sheet music they played it by memory for both of us. Harp only $200. Harp and Flutist $350Alegretto I believe was like $400-$450 for harp and violin. Anyway..I asked them to play Arioso (very common) and they couldn't do it without sheet music and they looked at me like I had two heads. And they're supposed to be The Knot 2008/2009 Pick?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Don't know of any harpists, but we used Terry Muska, a classical guitarist, and I think he was within your budget. www.terrymuska.com
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Pssh...Sarah...vendors pay The Knot to become their "Pick".That said, I used Allegretto for a string quartet and was very pleased. I don't think its that unusual for musicians to need sheet music. I know I do unless I have been playing a particular song a lot recently. They probably just aren't used to getting requests at the bridal show.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards