Wedding Party
Options

Is this enough?

I got my bridesmaids a few things already, but I don't know if it's really enough. So far I did personalized tumblers (nothing wedding related on it, just their name), a tote bag with their first initial in their favorite color, and personalized hangers (yes, I know that was really for me). We're also doing tank tops for the bachelorette party (also basically for me). I know you should shop like you do for Christmas or their birthday but honestly, they're kind of hard to shop for. Other than the standard "here's a bottle of wine for your bday!" (which is what I typically do, or a gift card to a restaurant), I really don't know what else I would get them. I didn't want all of their gifts to be matching but what I have so far just fit them. Should I maybe include a bottle of something, or a gift card to dinner, or something else? Or do you think that is enough? I don't want them to be disappointed.

Re: Is this enough?

• Options
    If a gift card to a restaurant or a bottle of wine is each girls thing, then that's a fine thing to get them.
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • Options
    While you are already giving them a handful of things, the majority of what you've listed you've admitted is more for your benefit than as a gift to them. I'd say to get them each something specific to them, even if that is a bottle of wine/alcohol or a gc for dinner somewhere. :)
    Praying for a miracle!
  • Options
    itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2013
    I wouldn't want any of the trinkets you have indicated.

A gift card to Target, Amazon.com, a mall in their area, favorite restaurant, Whole Foods, Sephora, ITunes.... anything that fits their interests would be much appreciated I'm sure!
  • Options
    I think an additional gift card or bottle of wine would be nice but I'd be sure to make sure the gift card is personalized to what they want so you don't just get them all the same store.  
  • Options
    I'm in the minority of ladies here because I actually adore monograms, but if that's not your friend's taste then maybe rethink it. 

I would also rethink the tank tops. I really prefer to dress myself for all occasions, especially parties and special events. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks! I decided to add gift cards to different stores for each of them. (Crate & Barrell, movie theater, Barnes & Nobel, Zappos, Chick fil A, and Babies R Us) As for the other items, I think they fit the interests and lifestyles of my friends.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards