Wedding Party
Options

Ordering a BM dress for three months post baby?

Hi! I am currently 12 weeks PG (YaY!) and I am a BM in a wedding 3 months after I am due. We are ordering our BM dresses soon and I'm really unsure how to order mine. It's a strapless, A-line, empire waist dress, so I'm not too worried about the tummy b/c it flares out....it's the boobs! I was a 36C pre PG, now I'm already a 40C at 12 weeks PG. I know it's early in the PG, but would it make sense to go in now and order one size larger? I do plan on BF and I know this will make a difference. I would hate to order super large though, b/c I don't want it to be a tent on the bottom! Anyone have experience with this? Any thoughts? TIA!!
Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Ordering a BM dress for three months post baby?

• Options
    Is there anyway you can wait until after you've had the baby to order the dress. I think that if you have to order now....you would want to order it big....and have it altered a month or so before the wedding. 
    MyBio
    Yes I am.....Living the Dream
  • Options
    The description of the dress sounds like it should be fairly easy to take the top in.  If you are ordering it now I would get it so that it would fit you now.  Also, I don't have children, but I believe if you plan on breast feeding they will stay larger during that time - so keep that in mind.
  • Options
    Can you find out when you MUST order the dresses from the bridal shop?  I'd start from there in the hopes that maybe they can turn the dress around in a quick time.If not, I'd just verify with a seamstress that if you err on the larger side, it won't be an issue if you need it taken in multiple sizes.
  • Options
    I have a similar situation with one of my BM's.  She gave me her regular measurements from before she was pregnant (this is her 3rd pregnancy) and I ordered the dress based on that.  I'm thinking her dress will still be too big when she gets it, but I'd rather that than it being too small.  Most likely, you are going to have to get alterations in one way or another, so order bigger and get it taken in if necessary.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I was 11 or 12 weeks post-partum for my friend's wedding after having my first child.  I breastfed, and went from a 32B (and barely a B at that) to a 34/36D (depending on the bra).  I normally wear a 0 or 2 dress and ordered a size 8 for her wedding.  I wasn't able to get it zipped all the way up until 2 weeks before the wedding (due to my breasts).
    Kate ~ Mommy to Matthew 3/29/07 & Kylie 12/30/08 & Chase 3/31/11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards