Wedding Party

Groomsmen and Fathers

Hello,I hope everybody had a great weekend! We have given mens warehouse our choices for the tuxes, but I just wanted some opinions. Are the fathers suppossed to have a different vest than the groomsmen? Our colors are basically burgundy, choc brown and a champagney color. If we were to just put the dads in black vests but the with the same color (burgundy) ties as the groomsmen is that too much black? Groomsmen are going to have herringbone wine colored vests and ties. I'm really not liking any of the brown vests. Thank you all so much for your help!  

Re: Groomsmen and Fathers

• For ours we're doing the groom in white vest and tie, the GM in silver/platinum vest and tie, and the dads in black vest and tie.
  • What about doing the champagney color for the Dads vest and tie? Bringing in the accent color and making them different. I think the Dads should be different from the groomsmen.
  • Tell the dads what the GMs are wearing and then let them decide for themselves. No, if they want black vests, then that is not too much black. Black vests are classic and timeless. Also, for your own safety, don't put your last name in your signature line (or anywhere else in your bio or on these message boards). It's an incredibly bad idea to share your full name on the Internet. It's not always well-meaning brides reading these message boards (and sometimes even the brides here are not all that well-meaning and nice). Crazy stuff has happened on these boards when people get ahold of others' personal information. Protect yourself.
  • We left it up to the fathers.  We setup the groomsmen in the computer and the three dads (my dad, DH's dad and stepdad) had the option of either matching the GMs or picking something out of their own.DH's dad and stepdad matched the GMs, my dad chose something different.  Everyone looked great.
  • We let the Mom's pick their dresses and then had the Dad's match up with them.  We thought that this was the best way to let them look fabulous in pictures but not like another member of the wedding party.  We also gave the groom, groomsmen and Dad's slightly different jacket styles so that they could all feel special.  It was a perfect solution for us so that the groom could wear the jacket he wanted (which would not have looked good on the groomsmen) and the Dad's wouldn't look like they were in the wedding party.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards