Wedding Party
Options

Going to kill best man

Okay, not literally (I don't think)...I just need to vent because FI is already annoyed at the situation and if I talk to him he will just get more annoyed at the best man too.  It is funny, because I posted below about how wonderful my bridesmaids have been...but the best man is pissing me off.He is FI's 22 year old brother.  Probably enough said...FI and I have done SO much for his brother over the last five years...driven him down and back to Myrtle Beach (we are in NH) for school multiple times, paid for his cell phone while he was in school, frequently help him out with random financial stuff as needed...Anyway, the guys got fitted for tuxes awhile ago and the shop just said that they need to pick them up in person so they can test fit, etc...No big deal, they can pick them up starting Wednesday.  The tux place is a couple of hours from BM's house, but his girlfriend lives there so he can stay with her Wednesday night since he doesn't have to work until the afternoon on Thursday...Well, when he found out that he needed to pick up his tux he flipped out at FI about why couldn't he have chosen a place closer to him (b/c it was 2 hours further for everyone else...).  Then he said that he was working the day of the rehearsal and wasn't going to make it because he didn't want to go and get his tux until Friday (the tux place is 45 minutes from the rehearsal site and 3 hours from his work...so it will take him a minimum of four hours to make it to the rehearsal...). Um, I'm sorry...you've known about the wedding since BEFORE you took the job.  You have taken all sorts of time off for golf tournaments this summer.  We've done a lot for you over the years.  Get it together!If it were anyone else in the wedding party, I wouldn't care...I mean, they can figure out how to walk down an aisle...it is just the principle of the matter.  He is acting like an entitled brat and it is hurting his brother.  The two of them have always been really close and his behavior is making FI feel like crap.FI talked to him tonight and told him to work it out.  He also gave his brother fair warning that if he doesn't make it on time, I will kill him.  I haven't been bridezilla at all through this whole process (opposite actually, my mom and MOH have made most decisions...) but I just may have to skewer him if he doesn't work it out.Okay, vent done...
imageimage
BFP 5/2/11, missed m/c, D&C 6/13/11
BFP 12/8/11--Little Girl E Born 8/22/12
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Going to kill best man

• Options
    Wow, sorry that was so long... Cliff notes: FI's little brother is acting like a brat and it is pissing me off...it will all be fine, I am just annoyed with the little sh*t at the moment :)
    imageimage
  • Options
    You won't care on the wedding day. I promise. I advocate being zen. My sister/MOH was a brat and all went well despite her acting like a 12 year old.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    Oh, I know...I have actually been very zen so far.  I just wish someone in his family would make him grow up a bit...though FI and I have definitely enabled him in the past... So it goes...
    imageimage
  • Options
    Someday, a long time from now, he will feel bad that he was suck a d!ck. He may not say anything to you, but he'll realize it. And he'll feel terrible.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    I have to ditto babling.The punishment he deserves is to know that no one batted an eyelash at his absence.
  • Options
    Haha...I love that!  :)
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards