Wedding Party
Options

Pregnant Bridesmaid DD

And this is why we keep getting the same question over and over.  If you delete the thread, no one else can read it.
The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
"So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

Re: Pregnant Bridesmaid DD

• Options
    Wow already? It's so early! What happened?
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    She wanted to kick her friend out of thw BP for being 7 months pregnant  ( BM was also mom of fg and rb)
  • Options
    Mrs.B~I was just coming back to the board to type "And I feel a DD in 3...2....1" and what do you know?  I guess she didn't like the fact that a woman who is 7 months pregnant is neither infirm nor disabled, and can indeed be part of a WP.Personally, I think this had more to do with OPs "vision" and a gloriously beautiful pregnant woman didn't fit into that vision.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    Personally, I think this had more to do with OPs "vision" and a gloriously beautiful pregnant woman didn't fit into that vision.Agree.  There were a couple of "I think it's best for her and I" comments.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    These DDs are really getting ridiculous. I hate the DD reposting rule because it just reinforces the idea that society shouldn't hurt anyone's feelings or hold anyone accountable for anything anymore. That's probably why all these brides think it's perfectly O.K. to boot out bridesmaids or treat people like dirt just because it's "their day" ... because nobody tells them they're acting like zillas out of fear of hurting their pwecious feewlings.
  • Options
    That's so sad. That awful girl is probably going to kick her friend out of the wedding party. I hope she takes both her children out of the wedding and never speaks to her again.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Thats terrible!!!!!!!!! i hope for her sake she re thinks her decision and quits being so selfish.
  • Options
    I'm sorry I missed that.  It's really unfortunate when a bride (or groom) get upset that their friends' lives are affecting their photos or plans.While the DD'd thread can't be reposted, hopefully there is a larger movement out there that stops reinforcing selfish bridal behavior.  If we stop watching shows like Bridezillas, there will be no audience to such tantrums. 
  • Options
    Well, what I don't get is why the OP gets power to delete the whole thread. I understand the idea of being able to delete your own words, but the ability to delete everyone else's seems kind of ridiculous. I know other message boards on other sites usually allow people to delete their own, but never the entire thread.
    Anniversary
    White Knot
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I like to think that we get through to at least a few of them and they're just too proud to admit it.I like the rule.  Before it, the call-outs and reposting was out of control, especially on P&E and sometimes on here.  I mean, people who delete because of a meltdown are one thing to repost.  But people who delete because their question was answered, or because they posted it on the wrong board so they took it down to post on another one, were frequently called out as "Bad bride, you can't DD!"  Sometimes 2 or more people would repost the same thread, and again, it would be for something non-interesting (like someone asking about invitations) and the reposter would cry out "Hey, look what I caught!"I think the pendulum is swinging a little too far in the other direction but I'm actually relieved that people aren't reposting DDs like crazy anymore.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    *were out of control.  I suck.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    What's just unfortunate is that someone feels the need to DD in the first place.  If it's a maneuver where the OP is sticking her head in the sand so that if the question is gone, the problem no longer exists, she's fooling no one.And there is a rule about re-posting and taking cheap shots at the OP to the point she may feel harassed.  However if an insightful discussion arose out of the issue then continue it in a non harassing/finger pointing way.   Conversation is great!  The point is that brides here learn the appropriate ways to do things and not that TK is a horrible mean place and that people should feels sorry for our husbands/FIs.
  • Options
    Do people not read what they are writing? Jeezs, I hope someone would tell me off if I ever decided to kick a pregnant bridesmaid out of the WP. How does that change the outcome of the day? I hope she gives her head a shake ! Really..your good enough to have your kids in my WP but your not good enough to be  a bridesmaid since your pregnant. SERIOUSLY !!!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards