Wedding Party
Options

Tuxes

I've only been to a few weddings and didn't pay too much attention to the tuxes. I picked out what I wanted my fiance to wear and just assumed all the other men would wear the same. He got mad and said they were all supposed to be different from him. I guess I can understand that but it seems like it would look bad in pictures. What's the tradition or right way?

Re: Tuxes

• Options
    Well, DH had a different vest from his GM.But really, it's up to your FI to decide what he and the GM will wear.  Just like you should ask your BMs what they like and what their budget is, he should do the same with the GM (although most guys are flexible).  Then let him figure that stuff out.  It's cool if he wants your input but unless he has a ton of input into your gown and BM attire, this is one of the things that is his choice.
  • Options
    I had no say in the tuxes.  FI wanted to do it since he didnt have a say in my dress.  Which was fine with me.  From what I am told though, they do all match.
  • Options
    All of the guys were in classic black tuxes with black bow ties and cummerbunds.  The groom had a white pocket square, the gm had a colored pocket square.
  • Options
    For the weddings that I have been to or seen, the GM and groom have all matched on the outside and inside or just with different vests or ties. I don't think there is any right or wrong way.
  • Options
    My H picked out the guy's tuxes.  He didn't get any say in BM dresses, it works both ways.
  • Options
    I don't think it's wrong for you to plan to tuxes; my DH didn't care either way so I picked them. I think most guys would be fine with you planning it, though of course that isn't true for everyone.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    FI will be deciding on the men's attire. So far he's said that he wants them in black vests, with green & black striped ties for them and a green & white striped tie for him. I don't know if he plans to have all of them wear the same tux style or not, but as long as they're not outrageously different I doubt anyone would notice a subtle difference in the jacket or something. There's no "right way" - let your FI do what he wants. You handle your attendants and he handles his.
  • Options
    Thanks all, that helps...guess I was being a control freak!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards