Wedding Party
Options

Undecided, what do you like?

I'm looking at vest colors for the tuxes and I'm not sure what I like best.  Of course FI's opinion is 'whatever you like' so I' stuck with the decision.  I did the david's bridal dress your wedding feature with 3 options and I'd like to see what everyone likes best.  The BM dresses are the acutal ones they chose so that's the colors I have to work with.  The pics are in my bio under wedding party.Thanks!

Re: Undecided, what do you like?

• Options
    I love everything about fall and could put together a fall wedding in my head in a second so my vote is for the fall colors! So much to work with and perfect colors for your wedding date.
  • Options
    Thanks! The only thing I didn't like about the fall colors was the reddish color, it's a bit more red in person than in the pic.  It's called 'cherry'.  I'll have to go back to see it in person again.
  • Options
    I would be like telling my FI this is your suit you choose. He should be able to make a friggin choice on something so simple has that. I wouldn't make that choice I would give it back to him. You didn't ask that, but thats my answer.
  • Options
    Are you 100% set on colored vests? My personal opinion would be to keep it simple and just do black or silver vests and ties for the guys. Or black vests, with colored ties to match the bridesmaids. I personally don't like colored vests on adult men, but colored ties paired with black vests are a nice pop of color without going overboard IMO. If you really want colors, I like the cranberry/deep red color. I'm not really a fan of the tangerine/orange colors.
  • Options
    I should have mentioned that the rest of the wedding is all fall colors and lots of orange.  The bridesmaids dresses are the orange ones in the picture.
  • Options
    I think if the GM will not all be wearing the same color then they should match the BM they will be walking with.  (save the male standing for you)  What about having them all in brown?  Or having only the ties colored and having the vest the color of the tux?Otherwise maybe the tangerine since by looking at your bio that is a main color in your wedding.
  • Options
    I kind of like the colored ties idea.  I'll have to see if I find any I like.
  • Options
    If those are the actual colors of the BMs dress, I'd probably go with neutral colors for the GM except for maybe ties or pocket squares. 
  • Options
    I kinda liked the idea of the guys matching the girls they walk with ... though I think I liked the "vest" red better than the "dress" red.P.S. Different color, but my BM's are wearing the dress all the way to the left!

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    Colored ties, I can live with.  Colored vests, not so much.IMO colored vests look too much like everyone is headed to prom.I'd go for either black ties and vests with a colored pocket square or black vests and a colored tie.
  • Options
    I agree with the PPs- go with the colored ties, but neutral vests.  It would probably be too much with the vests those colors, too.I like the idea of having the guys 'match' the girl they are walking down the aisle.  Or, what about just having the MOH/BM match (his tie to her dress), and have all the other guys use the tangerine color ties, since there are more men than women?  I guess that ends up being pretty much the same thing, but you get the idea.  :)  I love the colors!
  • Options
    Thanks for the help girls!  I talked to FI about it and we're going with colored ties and black vests.  I guess you can't really tell from the pictures but the darkest dress isn't red, it's kind of a deep orange.  The other dress is a brighter orange. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards