Wedding Party
Options

Bridesmaid presents....

Now, let me just say that as a PART of the presents I am doing, not as their whole present.  I have gotten each of them something special and individual, however I saw a picture of this idea and I knew I wanted to do something similar.Here's the question:I have purchased Black Hoodies for each of the girls (including myself).  We are getting married in November, and I thought (and have seen this idea before), that it would be cute to have matching, but personalized, hoodies. I was thinking that I would embroidery "Maid of Honor" "Matron of Honor" "Bridesmaid" "Junior Bridesmaid" and "Flower Girl" on the back of each of the sweatshirts, and then have their name embroidered on the front.OR I could have their names embroidered on the back, and their role on the front.Anyone have any constructive advice on this.  I know it might be a wear once type of thing for them, but honestly, a lot of the girls go camping etc and it's something that we could/would wear on camp fire nights in the fall. The real point to the hoodie is that since the wedding is in november- it would give us all something to wear in case it's cold while waiting to get our pictures taken, or while we are walking from the bus to the picture locations (and so everyone wouldn't have to bring a big heavy coat).I'm set on the idea, just trying to figure out what wording to put on the hoodie.

Re: Bridesmaid presents....

• Options
    Honestly, I wouldn't want to wear a hoodie embroidered with "Bridesmaid," even when bumming around the house or camping. And even if you want them for the cute photo op on the day of the wedding - really, how many photos are you going to get of that? Two, maybe three? IMO it's a waste of money to embroider them just for a couple of photos. I would leave the hoodies blank. If you must embroider something (which I'm personally not wild about), maybe do a symbol they like, like a star or a simple flower or a music clef. Or their first initial. Or, buy rhinestone initial brooches (or even "bridesmaids" or "MOH" brooches if you can find them), ask them to wear them on the hoodies for the wedding day photo-op, then they can remove them and have a plain hoodie if they wish.
  • Options
    I agree, I know you didn't ask on opinions RE hoodies, but I wouldn't wear anything that said Bridesmaid/MOH on it, if you have to do something, either do the pin like in a PP or just put it very small on the front, which would defeat the purpose for pictures probably If you want it for pictures, why not just get a white one for  yourself and have Bride on it and then go ahead and get plain black ones for the bridesmaids Or skip the idea and put the money towards paying for the bridesmaids hair, makeup, nails, bridesmaid luncheon
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I wear hoodies all the time.  But, I wouldn't ever wear a hoodie that had my wedding "role" printed on it.
  • Options
    Iron on letters are avaioble at craft stores and might be the way to go.  In particular iron on sparlke letters Do not even try and convince yourself that they would even wear them painting. this is a 1 time use item if you like it go for it but understand that it is a 1 time use item without fooling yourself.  It is fine it you are set on it as worth the 1 time use.  For the wedding day I like title on back better  
  • Options
    Ditto that it would only be worn once, sounds like something that would be a cute photo-op keepsake for you, but that doesn't really make it a gift for them.What about pashminas/shawls with their initials embroidered on them?  I've seen BMs with them in pictures and they look beautiful, and if you get them in a fairly neutral color they'd likely get to use them again. If you're stuck on hoodies get plain ones, I wouldn't do anything more than add an initial for each girl, and even then I think initials are kinda of a worn-out trend. 
  • Options
    I would leave them blank. After the wedding, I am sure they'll never wear them again except with sweat pants while walking around the house.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Options
    If you want your party to wear embroidered hoodies and it makes you happy then do it :)  Who cares if they only wear it once. I think it would be cute in pictures and cute the day of the wedding when getting ready.
  • Options
    i think its cute and i am sure a BM wouldnt mind getting a hoodie...its not like they will wear their BM dresses and stuff again so whats the big deal....
  • Options
    I think its a cute idea. My maid of honor actually wants one really bad!! Go for it!
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards