Wedding Party
Options

deep purple bridesmaid dresses

Hi everyone:I'm starting to search for bridesmaids dresses.  I want to choose a color (eggplant) and a fabric (chiffon) for them, but allow my 6 best ladies to choose their own styles.So far, I like Jim Hjelm and Amsale dresses.  Any other designers out there that work with deep purples?Thanks!

Re: deep purple bridesmaid dresses

• Options
    I don't really have a designer, but I am using a deep purple as well for my BM's dress color.I know everybody on TK is very "love 'em" or "hate 'em", but I went through David's Bridal and my BMs are in "lapis" (Which, is pretty much "eggplant" IMO). If you weren't diametrically opposed to using them, you could just bring the girls there, give them your criteria and just have them browse the racks there.http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Category_-49998973?&colorName=Lapis

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    Alfred Angelo has an eggplant.  I'm not sure if it's as deep of a purple as what you want, but it may be worth looking into.  They'll do any style of BM dress in whatever color you want.  That was one frustrating thing with David's Bridal- only certain styles were available in certain colors.  Luckily my BMs were all able to find a style there that they liked in my color.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!  This is helpful, although I'm trying to keep the dresses knee-length.  I'll definitely check out Bari Jay!
  • Options
    Two of my BMs wore plum Jim Hjelm dresses, and one wore a plum Alvina Valenta. Both were satin-faced taffeta. Pics in bio.
  • Options
    We are using dresses from the Dessy line in aubergine (French for eggplant, I believe). They have chiffon and also have a fabric called nu-georgette which is quite similar. I love that color!
  • Options
    we're using "grape" from jenny yoo.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My BMs wore eggplant from Jim Hjelm.  PIB.
  • Options
    Mori Lee does some dark purples and the "affairs" collection is all knee length. http://www.morilee.com/Affairs.aspx
  • Options
    I agree with the Dessy Group.... my BM's are wearing aubergine in nu-georgette material (very similiar to chiffon), but they also have other dark purple colors.  check them out!www.dessy.com
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards