Wedding Party
Options

big wedding party...

So, we are from a small town and we are having a big huge wedding. We didn't want to leave many people out when i say leave anyone out i mean theres a wedding party of 30.... We are going for a non traditional wedding with lots of great ideas, but i have a great question, is it normal to ask the bridesmaids to buy there own dresses? i made a favorites link on davids bridal and told them that we kinda don't care about what dresses they wear as long as they are the same color scheme from that site! is that okay? i really need input

Re: big wedding party...

• Options
    It's the norm and to be expected for the WP to pay for their own dresses/tuxes. It's what they accept when they say yes to being in the party. The only time the Bride/Groom should chip in is if you're asking them to spend more than $200.
    Kristen & Ryan | 10.10.10
    My Married Bio | My Blog
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    It's fine to ask the girls to buy their own dresses.  It's regional, but in most places I think it's expected.  DB has a wide variety of price points, if I remember correctly, which is good for everyone.  The only thing you might want to keep in mind is that not all their dresses are in the same fabric, if that matters to you.  (It does to some people!)  You may not have much choice with such a large party, but make sure you like the look of mixed fabrics.  GL!
  • Options
    Yes normally Bm buy their own attire. Wow 30 person WP that really removes the honor but if you are happy that is fine. Why not suggest to yoru BM that if they can wear anything in a certain DB color that they consider ebay as if you search for a db color you will fiond lots there at about $40  worn once only
  • Options
    30 people? How do you have anyone left as a guest? They pay for their own attire. Give them a color and length and let them pick their own--anything more uniform than that will be waaaaaaaay too complex.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    I don't think it removed the 'honor' of being part of the wedding.  I think it just shows that you are a caring friend that does not want to risk hurting anyone's feelings.And yes, they are expected to pay for the own dresses and it is perfectly acceptable--even more so since you seem to be so easy going about the dresses.
  • Options
    Is it 30 people with just BM/GM's?  I've been in a huge WP before (I was one of 10 BM's) and it was annoying.   Don't forget that if you have flowers, gifts for the WP, etc, it really adds up.   That being said, I think your dress planning is fine.
  • Options
    My wedding party is huge too! I have a party of 24! All 24 are happy to be apart of our wedding!!! It's going to be a BIG party! I love it! Good luck with your wedding & yes the girls should know they are expected to buy their own dress!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards