Wedding Party
Options

Baby flower girl entrance?? Any ideas?

So far I have heard of a wagon, or a parent carrying her down high in their arms. Any other ideas? Or Pics.? There is also a 3 yr. old ring bearer. Thanks in advance

Re: Baby flower girl entrance?? Any ideas?

• Options
    My flower girl (my niece) was 14 months old at the time of our wedding.  She came down with her mom, who was a bridesmaid.  She walked for a very short time and then her mom carried her the rest of the way.  We got married in a church so this was are only option.  How old is your flower baby? 
  • Options
    I think a wagon is really really cute idea.
  • Options
    I'd go with just being carried if you have already asked her to be in the wedding.If you haven't asked her to be in the wedding yet I'd reconsider - you never know if the child will even be OK with all the strangers looking at her.
  • Options
    If you haven't already asked the parents if the baby can be in the wedding, I'd reconsider.  Being in your wedding will have absolutely no meaning to the baby and she might actually be upset be all of the pomp and ceremony.On some level it saddens me when people have babies in their ceremony.  Whether it's done intentionally or not, to me it gives the appearance that the baby is being used as just a cute prop.
  • Options
    I completely agree with MOB. My feeling is that unless someone can explain WHAT they do in a wedding, they shouldn't be in the WP. I don't really see the point at all of babies in a wedding. It's not like they're really adding anything other than the potential for cute. But there's also the potential for screaming meltdown, and that's never fun. I'd skip having a baby there.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    I think having a parent carry the baby down is a good idea. The wagon thing makes me a little nervous, especially if there is any incline to the aisle. Why not ask the parents what they are comfortable with?
  • Options
    Coming from someone who is going to have a four month old that my SIL wants in her wedding... putting my kid in a wagon isn't even an option. I don't know what my SIL has in mind, but I will be carrying my child down the aisle.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    My nephew will be 1.5 when my wedding comes around. He'll be listed in the program as a RB, along with his older sibling and FI's neice and nephew, but will be sitting with my aunt during the ceremony. He isn't left out, he'll still have on a spiffy outfit for part of the day, but as not to traumatize him or ruin my SIL's time, he'll be already seated when the procession takes place.
  • Options
    My flower girl, which is my niece, will be 14 months old at my wedding.  I will most likely have her parents (my brother and SIL) who are both in the wedding walk her down the aisle.  If she is walking in between them, holding both their hands, i think it should work out. I don't see anything wrong with having a young child as a flower girl.  She is my only niece and i love her to pieces.  it will take probably a minute or less to walk her down the aisle.  No, she probably won't remember, but there will be pics and video for her to see when she gets older.  I don't see her as a prop, just an adorable addition to my wedding.  Yes, she could start crying or not want to walk down the aisle, but I'm willing to risk that, and plus her other grandparents will be there to take her out if necessary.  I just wouldn't have it any other way.
  • Options
    I think have a young flower girl is absolutely adorable!! as well as RBs.. My son will be 21 months when we get married and he along with my friends daughter who will be 23 months will be part of my ceremony. I have a couple older nephews who will be 3 and 5 that I will have with a wagon I read a few negatives about that but I think with the little ones being a little older its a little safer and will go alittle better.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards