Wedding Party
Options

how to ask

I have an idea of who I want to ask to be my bridesmaids, but I am not good with words. I am not good at telling someone face to face how I feel or exactly what I mean. So, I feel like I am going to have a hard time asking. One has been my friend for almost 20 yrs, but I am better at expressing things in writing to people. I am wondering if anyone has any ideas of how to word it. I was thinking of trying to find cards and then writing something in them. Do they make "will you be my bridesmaid?" cards? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Re: how to ask

• Options
    http://talk.theknot.com/boards/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=62186193&forumid=37I'm also better at writing than face-to-face chatting, but I just asked in person. Plus, it was my sister and longtime friend, so I don't really get why it should be difficult. It doesn't have to be a big speech or production: Me: So we booked the wedding for April 10. Would you like to be a bridesmaid?Sister/Friend: Sure!Me: Great! Let me know at some point what you think you can afford for a dress, and we can go shopping for it in a few months. My idea for dresses was XYZ, but we can certainly try things on and see what you like.Sister/Friend: OK, sounds good!The End. I've seen BM cards on etsy.com or you could make your own, if you really want to do this. I didn't consider it because it's not my thing.
  • Options
    You : Friend you know i am getting married X date to FI. Well I would be very happy if you are willing to be a bridesmaid Friend: Sure Jamie I woudl love to this is so great you and Fi are such a great couple
  • Options
    Scroll down the page. This question is asked at least once a day. The answers never change.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    I have a large close group of girlfriends - so everyone has been interested in wedding stuff and always want to talk about it (they are all anticipating engagements, which helps).  So when I decided who I was asking, I asked them individually.  For one, I was looking through picking out bm dresses with her and she found one she thought was pretty and I said, "do you think you'd like to wear that one?" and she looked at me like, Huh?!  and then I asked if she'd be in the wedding and she was thrilled.  That was the best one, I think.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I asked this question the other day and one of the ideas that I liked was giving them a bottle of wine or finding a nice picture frame with a poem and a picture of you two! Something personal IMO would be nice! GL!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards