Wedding Party
Options

Colors. Help! lol

I have been having the worst time deciding on this part of the wedding. Where do I begin..? I've changed my mind so many times that it's driving me crazy. This is what I DO know --We fell in love w/these flowers called Billy Buttons & they only come in a bright yellow. So, obviously yellow has to be at least an accent color -which I'm cool with. My fiance wants to wear a dark brown tux to be different from your everyday black tux. So, we need dark brown to our neutral color. I thought of just using these two colors & having the bridesmaids wear dark brown & carry the yellow flowers -but IMO, it's too fall-like. We're getting married in July. This is what I've come up with & I'm desperate for an opinion -Bright pink dresses with the yellow flowers. Dark brown tuxes with... what color vests? My only question is --can I make the ceremony bright versions of pinks & yellows... and the ceremony pale versions of these colors? I LOVE pales yellows & pinks together. or.. IF I can talk my fiance into wearing a black tux.. do you think red & pale yellow would be a good combo? Red dresses & yellow flowers... black tux with black vests/ties ? oh please.. any advice would be apperciated! lol

Re: Colors. Help! lol

• Options
    As I was reading what other colors you were using I immediately thought to myself 'she should use a pink' then I keep reading and see that is what you are thinking! I think yellow, pink, and brown would go great together and they are really good summer colors. As for the idea of black tux with read and yellow I would be a little worried that it would look like McDonald's. Whenever I see the two colors together that's immediately what I think of..Aside from that, if your FI wants the brown tux I would let him have it.. If he is anything like my guy there are only a few things he asks for in the wedding and it's nice to make it their day too--lol  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    You can use any color scheme at any time of year. So don't feel like you can't use brown for July if that's what you really want. Yellow flowers would look with a variety of BM dress colors: navy blue, light blue or aqua, black, chocolate, latte, pink, green, purple. Yes, you can use different shades of the same colors. Totally fine. If your FI wants to stick with the brown tuxes, I think brown or light brown/latte vests would look the best. I personally prefer men in classic black tuxes, but that's his call and not mine. If he were to wear a black tux, I would personally vote for a black vest & tie or a silver vest & tie. Or a black vest with a red or a yellow tie for a little pop of color.
  • Options
    Ok, this is personal opinion, but I really dislike brown tuxes. Right now, brown/pink and brown/blue are really popular, and when you look back, brown tuxes are going to feel dated. That's just my opinion, but it's something to consider. Then again, who cares if your wedding pictures put them in the time frame of your wedding? So anyway, with brown and yellow, I like pink, blue and green. If you shy away from the brown, yellow goes with pretty much anything. I was in a wedding a few years ago where we wore red dresses and carried yellow flowers and she used orange as an accent. It made a great vibrant summer color scheme. Yellow would also go with pink, blue, green, purple, grey, or black BM dresses. My advice is to sort through bios and pictures in magazines and on the internet to get ideas for what sorts of colors go together. Yellow is such a neutral for flowers, that you really can do anything. Also, I think pales for the ceremony and vibrants for the reception is a great idea. Many brides will tell you that rather than going with merlot and banana, it is much easier to use shades red and shades of yellow. You are never going to find linens and BM dresses and invitations and cocktail napkins that match everything perfectly, so if your color scheme is shades of a few colors, you save yourself a ton of work.
  • Options
    I'm using sunflowers for my flowers, also yellow. I'm putting my girls in brown dresses and boys in brown tuxes. Both the tuxes and the dresses will have pops of bright blue. The yellow is just going to be an accent color and introduced by the flowers. I'm getting married in August and I thing the bright blue and yellow accents brighten up the chocolate brown. I think that the pink and yellow will look really good together. And IMO I like the idea of brown tuxes, its a little different then the run of the mill black.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have nothing else to add to the pps in terms of color. As far as the tuxes, I prefer the look of a black tux w/ chocolate vest/tie. JMO.
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Any non-black or white tux screams 1970s to me. Don't do it.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    Have you considered cream colored dresses with maybe the brown sash? That would look really pretty with the yellow and touches of pink or blue flowers. Agree- brown tuxes scream 70's. I had no idea they were even offered anymore as an option lol! But, if your hubby really likes them, it's his wedding too. Comprinise to mke it a day that reflects the two of you, not to match what you see in a magazine or on tv. Do what you love
  • Options
    When you said yellow, and brown , i IMMEDITELY was thinking .. PINK! Then you mentioned it.. I think pink complements both those colors... I was considering pink and brown myself, I just don't know.. but I say PINK!!!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards