Wedding Party
Options

question about BM dress fabrics

For my BM dresses, I chose a designer, fabric (chiffon), and color.  The girls are choosing the specific dress they want to wear.  I want them to be comfortable and think that having different dress styles looks good, but I wanted the same fabric and color so that it pulled everyone together.My sister, who is my MOH, found a dress she really likes thats organza.  She said it doesn't matter, and she'll pick a different one if I want her to, but it is her favorite.  Since she's the MOH, I'm thinking maybe it would be nice that hers is a little bit different from the other girls.How different do you think the color would look on chiffon vs. organza?  Do you think the fabrics would complement each other nicely or that the one organza dress would look a little off/odd with the rest of them? 
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: question about BM dress fabrics

• Options
    It's called hyperbole.  Of course the marriage isn't doomed.  It was an exaggeration to emphasize the point that brides get too caught up and make tiny details of their weddings far more important than they really are.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    That's it, show her you found her post annoying and obnoxious by being annoying and obnoxious. Nothing points it out better than a good example. And admitting that hey, I think it might work but what do you think? Doesn't equal annoying detail ridden post of the day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I did a similar thing with my bm dresses - picked a fabric and color and they picked the style - so here is my two cents: the dress designer suggested we order them all in one batch so as to be made all from one "batch" of fabric, because even with the same type of material the color can vary slightly from batch to batch (bolts?  I don't know).  Obviously it would be very very close, but one might look slightly faded or darker next to the others - not the end of the world but still.  I would suggest asking for fabric samples in the color you want so that you can compare them in different lights, and if you're comfortable go with it.  If you think they look a little "off" together, you could have your MOH get the dress she wants in a different color, like whatever other color you're using in the wedding or the same color in a darker or lighter shade, and maybe accent it with a shawl or sash that matches the other girls.  I agree that different fabrics aren't the end of the world, but you also don't want your wedding party to look like the guy who accidentally wears one navy sock and one black one - like, well, they are supposed to match but they don't.
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards