Wedding Party

Brides Maid

Has anyone ever asked a friend to be a brides maid and then changed their mind? I have a friend that has gotten creeper and creeper sense I got engaged and I don't feel like our friendship is going anywhere...How can I tell her not to be in my wedding?

Re: Brides Maid

• Kicking her out of the wedding party will end the friendship. If you want to remove her from your life, then go ahead, but if you still want to be her friend, there is nothing you can do.
    My Grandparents on their wedding day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    bio
    Repeat this to your self: My Wedding Party is made of my family and friends and I should treat them as such.
  • That's what you get for asking this far out.  If you kick her out, you end the friendship.  End of story.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • I'm dying to hear more about the creepier and creepier stuff. To answer your question, if you boot her she probably won't be your friend anymore. You can decide if that's okay w/ you.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Kicking someone out of your wedding is a public slight and will end the friendship. If there aren't really good reasons, you will look like a huge bridezilla. Good reasons include: trying to sleep with your FI, stealing money from you, punching you, collecting your hair and creating a voodoo doll, getting indicted, etc. What makes her creepy?
  • Maybe I am over reacting, but she has started to copy everything I do, saying creepy things that hint toward her loving me as more than a friend, Saying that she, my FI and I are all a threesome family, and trying to get closure to him...Just odd things that make her weird! I should add that my FI also thinks she's creepy...
  • That would creep me out too.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Did she used to date your FI? It doesn't sound like she's a lot of fun, but it also doesn't sound like she's done anything terrible. Since you have so long before the wedding, I would suggest trying to put some distance between the two of you and then re-evaluate around January when it's time to look at dresses. If you don't want to be friends, you can end the friendship or taper it off between now and then and she'll probably drop out or just fade away.
  • That's what I'm thinking...I figure I'll distance and give it some time! It's odd how much my getting engaged has changed her, she was always my corky friend, but never this creepy...it's too bad.
  • I agree with the pp, speak to her that it makes you and FI uncomfortable and would like her to stop.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards