Wedding Party
Options

So that kinda sucked

Apparently, that 3 page thread got too many reports and I got banned. I feel like such an outlaw.

Re: So that kinda sucked

• Options
    The head table one from last week. Breakin' the law, breakin' the law...
  • Options
    Got reported? Resulted banning? Man, people are thin-skinned.
  • Options
    Well, I know that one chick with the particularly thick skull couldn't tell the difference between the report button and the post reply button, by her own admission.  I was wondering where you'd gone.And now I have Judas Priest stuck in my head.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    Yeah, the accidental reports were kind of annoying, but I was calling out a DD, so I figured that those weren't the only reports. Whatevs. I'm now caught up at work again. I should probably get myself banned more often.
  • Options
    I got banned once and I still have no idea why.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    Stage and all, sometimes the banning can be done by a mod but not all bannings are done by mods.  Sometimes they involve other people at TK or it's due to hitting the report button too many times.When Retread or I are about to banwe generally warn the person first. I'll mention the email aspect to Annie though.
  • Options
    I accidently reported someone once and felt awful after.  The other board I post on has this thing where you click the reason you are reporting the person and you have to fill it out so I think its a lot harder to accidentally report someone.  TheKnot should add that feature.
  • Options
    The Knot should add a lot of features.  I've been a member of numerous message boards in my day, and code-wise, the Knot's boards are by far the worst.  There are so many things that are annoying, badly designed, or just plain broken that I wouldn't know where to start.It's a good thing the people are so awesome.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    This is so true. Why do I no longer have the option to italicize or bold my post?
  • Options
    Leah--are you using Safari? That's what I use and I can't bold or italicize in it, which sucks because I look like I"m shouting when I really am just trying to emphasize certain things. The Nest's setup is much better. If you want to DD a post, it asks you why, if you accidentally hit report, it asks you why so you can cancel it, shows how many people have viewed a certain thread...lightyears ahead of TK.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    No, I'm on Internet Explorer 8. Which I pretty much hate. Does anyone know if the google browser is better? I'm glad the nest has a better set up, but it's still scary over there!
  • Options
    I love Google Chrome for everything except knotting.  It doesn't seem to interact with TK very well and I'm constantly dealing with freeze-ups and no formatting options available.
  • Options
    Leah, I'm on IE8 also and my italicizing options disappeared for a while....and then mysteriously reappeared!  So maybe there is hope for you?  I think you just need to get used to the idea of not having them, give up on all hope and they will come back.  :)
  • Options
    Ahaha, that will work. I figured it was the browser, since they are gone both at work and at home.
  • Options
    The nest is scary. I went over there for the first time last week and am still traumatized.
    Courtesy of megk8oz

• Options
    Sometimes I think I'm immature b/c vaginal secretions creep me out. And then I realize, no, having that info in your siggy is just weird.
  • Options
    Lol. Yeah the TTC tickers are creepy too ("8 days until ovulation"--do I really need to see a countdown to the next time you have sex?).
    Courtesy of megk8oz

• Options
    I really love Chrome and use it as my primary browser (like now), but it doesn't allow me to italicize or bold my text in TK or TN. S'ok, I'm fine using quotation marks instead of italics and asterisks instead of bold.
  • Options
    Leah - if you're on IE8, there should be an icon at the top next to the address bar that looks like a torn piece of paper.  Clicking on that should change IE to compatability view and allow you to see the edit buttons. If that doesn't work, you can italicize your posts like this: [i*]type the sentance here and remove the stars[/i*]
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards