Wedding Party
Options

Shock of the year

Girl who cried all day that she had to return the flower girl dresses that she spent her child welfare checks on DD'd. Which means she was real. Which means a real live person's priorities are that out of whack. If the payments you were referring to are child support from the baby's father: If I were him and I found out you were spending my kid's money on *that*, I would haul you into court. If the payments you were referring to were state welfare payments: You should be reported to the authorities for misuse of taxpayer money. What a shame that you put your own pretty princess day before the well-being of your children. And then get upset that their needs have to trump those plans to the point you actually cried all day. What is *wrong* with this world?
Courtesy of megk8oz
"I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.

Re: Shock of the year

• Options
    Meanwhile, she's spawning yet another child to whom she can teach these screwy priorities. Yay.
  • Options
    I can see being upset about having to return the dresses if it's an issue of dealing with the stress of not having money due to being laid off or otherwise becoming strapped for cash.  And at least the dresses were returned in order to feed the kid.But beyond that, just wow.
  • Options
    Omg, omg, omg, clearly I missed something good! Or bad, depending on how you want to look at it. Details, please and thank you!

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    Brooke pretty much summed it up. Her daughter and her niece are flower girls and she spent her child support check to buy the dress for the niece, but then her brother in law was laid off and couldn't pay for the dress so she had to return the dress and apparently she cried all day about it, but in the end she returned the dress so she could buy her daughter diapers. Awesome.Although, to be fair people, I think she was just using the child support to pay for the dresses until her brother in law could pay her back. It is still horrible, but at least she did plan to be reimbursed.
    Anniversary
    White Knot
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Even if it was as a placeholder, there is something not right about a mother who would take that money to pay for a FG dress and then would *cry* about having to fulfill those adult responsibilities.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    i only posted that because it was rather upsetting to see the perfect dress go back to the store and before i was done someone else was buying them for their wedding. the only reason i used the child support money was because i found the dresses but didnt have the check book and he was supposed to pay me back the next time i saw him. so before you start assuming things. im not spawning another child to teach them bad things. i returned the dresses yes because i needed things for my daughter and the money i have coming wont be here for a few days so i did what i had to do. im not using your taxpayer money im using the money that has been owed to me for over a year.
  • Options
    Wow. Just wow.Maybe this is just because FI and I are completely neurotic about our money ... but it would never occur to me to buy something (No matter where the money came from) without taking care of something like diapers or baby food first.Then again, it also never occurs to me to go buy, like a new pair of shoes until I have my bills budgeted and basic "weekly necessities" money (Food, gas, and the 'emergency $20) set aside. But that's just me and my crazy priorities. Clearly, I needed to see these FG dresses to understand.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    The post came across very, very differently. I can appreciate the disappointment that a "perfect" dress had to go back to the store, but if your wedding isn't for six months, odds are one or both girls would have outgrown it by your wedding. So take comfort in that. And I'm sorry, but it doesn't look good to say "I had to use the child support money to pay for an unnecessary aspect of my wedding." It just doesn't.
    Courtesy of megk8oz

• Options
    Yeah, child support money for something you DON'T need to spend any money on just seems wrong.I mean, maybe if I was having an FG I'd feel differently, but to me, if you're really trying to "budget" ... can't you just wait until you have the money or buy a cheap white sundress or something if you're getting down to the wire and desperate to have them clothed?

• Options
    I think theknot should remove the ability for just anyone to delete their post. Maybe have them patition the moderators and then it only gets deleted it there are personal attacks, etc. Not just "I didn't like what I was hearing." Whaaaaaaaaaa!
    My Grandparents on their wedding day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    bio
    Repeat this to your self: My Wedding Party is made of my family and friends and I should treat them as such.
  • Options
    I do apologize for saying you should be reported. That was out of line.
    Courtesy of megk8oz

• Options
    Ah, priorities.I'm sorry I missed the original.
  • Options
    Im sorry I missed this one. I see parts of the original posts in your replies, but I don't get what the purpose of the post was. Was it a vent, or did she ask some sort of advice?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Definitely a vent that she had to return the FG dresses because her kid needed food and diapers so the child support check had to go for that.
    Courtesy of megk8oz

• Options
    So ... essentially, the child support money went to supporting her children. The universe is so unfair.

• Options
    Child support =/= welfare.
  • Options
    ambiguous--the original post left it, well, ambiguous as to whether she was talking about child support or child welfare checks.
    Courtesy of megk8oz

• Options
    Gotcha Babling :) I unfortunately missed the original, original post before it was DD'd.  The OP said it was 'money owed to her for a year', so I'm assuming she meant her ex has not paid any support for a year. That would suggest child support, not welfare, especially considering that welfare money is never 'owed' to anyone, whereas child support money is considered owed through the court system.
  • Options
    The "owed for a year" thing was something new to this post. But it doesn't matter how long he's owed it, she is legally obligated to use it for her children's welfare, not the wedding. And as I said in my post, if it was my kid and I found out that's what you were using the money for, I'd request a hearing to get my payments reduced because it's not my job to pay for her wedding.
    Courtesy of megk8oz

• Options
    I absolutely agree!
  • Options
    Crap! It looks like I missed a good one, but I totally agree with Brooke that she has no business using child support payments to fund any part of her wedding. OP is ridiculous. Besides, if money is that tight, should she reconsider the elaborate wedding that would require this kind of FG dress? I mean, personally, if I were in the position where I had to make a choice between buying diapers or a FG dress, I would just be getting married in someone's backyard or JOP. Especially with another child on the way. Not to say that you have to be wealthy to have a fancy wedding, but if you have to pick wedding vs. basic needs, then maybe one should re-evaluate.
  • Options
    I do agree that Child Sopprt money is supposed to go for things such has diapers, clothes,food, medicine etc, for the child, not for a dress for a wedding. So to get all bend because it goes against the majority of us has parents is totally ridiclous behavior.
  • Options
    Chld support is to be used to support the child. If this means the child can stand up in a wedding, whats wrong with this? I know other mothers who spend it on their own needs like makeup, going out, and sigs. I don't see this as so wrong. If she were married to the guy, his paycheck would be used to buy the dress anyways..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    OMG, this is really ridiculous... How very judgemental of you ladies... Unless you are walking in her shoes, how dare you judge. So funny when people that have no idea what it means to have to return a dress to buy diapers are commenting on and on... We are grown women and the purpose of these boards is to uplift each other.
  • Options
    I had to same something and defend the OP. Even though I don't know her, I think it's disgusting how she was lashed out against and treated. Although, it might just be feeding the sharks by saying this but- I hate theknot - I've been on here twice and the same bunch of girls are just vicious and mean. I don't understand. I have been on canadianbride.com and bridebells and I have never seen such a catty and vicious group of girls. The OP was coming on here for support, not to get back-lashed. Further, how pathetic are you that you want to start a petition removing the right to delete one's own post? You're a joke. Further, a lot of you are SEVERELY misinformed about about child support. IT DOES NOT HAVE TO BE SPENT ON MONEY DIRECTLY "RELATED" TO THE CHILD. Assuming she pays rent for the children, utilities and food for the children, it would be impossible to dictate where this exact amount of money is being spent. The only way the OP could get "in trouble" would be through child protection services, and it would have to be shown that the children are being abused or neglected. You have no idea about this woman's circumstances, so how dare you judge her. I feel sorry for a lot of your ladies. I wonder what is going on in your own lives to make you feel like you need to be bullies and attack other people at times of stress or sadness in their life. This OP was sad, and just because you did not feel her sadness was "justified" doesn't give you the right to lash out at her like that. Let's all take a deep breath and learn some basics of humanity.
  • Options
    "We are grown women and the purpose of these boards is to uplift each other." Actually, it's to give advice. And sometimes good advice involves telling a poster that she's off her rocker and acting inappropriately. And how *dare* you assume that I have no idea what her situation is like? I've been the child of a single mother struggling to make ends meet. Had my mother used a child support check to buy me a FG dress that I didn't need instead of necessities, that would have been downright negligent of her. And had she started "crying all day" that she had to buy me food, shelter, diapers, etc. instead of the "perfect" FG dress, that would have sent a very bad message to me. And I agree your post was very hypocritical.
    Courtesy of megk8oz

• Options
    meegz, thanks for your pity. Surely my DH was hoodwinked into marrying a witch like me. Surely he regrets it now. Seriously, if you think we're so awful, why keep coming back?
    Courtesy of megk8oz

• Options
    Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I feel that if money is tight, child support should go to the child's necessities first - including food, diapers, basic clothing, putting a roof over their head, heating, electricity, transportation within reason.  If the child's necessities are already taken care of, then sure, buy a FG dress.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards