Wedding Party
Options

Has anyone ever had all BM and no MOH?

I am an only child, so obviously no sisters in my bridal party. I have 3 friends who I consider to be closet to out of the 6 gals standing up in my BP. I am contemplating having my FI one sister stand up because I am close to her also. I can't seem to choose a MOH because these 3 gals I feel really close to for all different reasons. I haven't announced my BP and don't plan on it until 8 months before the wedding. Does anyone have suggestions or have been in a similar situation?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Has anyone ever had all BM and no MOH?

• Options
    I think your plan is good. Just say, "I love you all equally and don't want to pick a MOH and single anyone out." I know this question has been asked a few times recently, so scroll down the board and see. The only real "duties" of a MOH are to hold the bouquet, fluff the train, walk with Best Man, hold the ring, sign the license, maybe give a toast. So you could ask one girl to do each thing if you want.
  • Options
    Your plan sounds like a good one.
  • Options
    I didn't but I know many people have and it worked out well.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    wow that is a great idea by giving a different duty to each. But I still feel like the one I ask to do the toast, is the one that is considered a MOH. Does this make sense or am I trying to be too traditional here? I guess I wish I had a best friend, but I don't... and that is always a concern for an only child. Wishing to have that best gal pal that will set up the bach party, do the toast and basically be my right hand gal.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I just feel like the gal who stands up and does a toast, everyone will equate with a MOH. My friends husbands men all said something small, but that got long and ridiculous. I don't know wh yI am fixated on this lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Well, bear in mind that most people don't really care who the MOH is unless they know her personally. So it really doesn't matter if other people equate her as the "sole" MOH. What matters is that they know who they are, you know?
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    Anyone can give a toast at the wedding.  My sister had her MOH, best man, and one of the groomsmen toast.  If you're that worried about it, see if maybe two girls want to toast, or maybe see if each girl wants to say something brief.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    It sounds like you're over thinking it a bit.  If you want a traditional MOH, maybe choosing your FSIL would be a kind gesture since you're close to her and she will be family.  But I don't think anyone would be confused by no MOH, or by who gives a toast with multiple/no MOH.
  • Options
    That's what we did - I didn't want to choose and it worked out fine.  
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    For what it's worth, the last time I was MOH in a wedding, I didn't give the toast.  One of the BMs really wanted to do it so I let her.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Please disregard the advice that said to let all of the girls say something. At my niece's wedding, my BIL gave a welcome speech. Then the groom's mother spoke. Then the MOH. Then the Best Man. Then EVERY freakin' GM and EVERY freakin' BM. Geez-it went on forever, and people finally just stopped listening and went back to their own conversations. People don't want to hear speeches. They won't care who is giving the speech. They'll only care if it goes on and on. OP: you're overthinking this. Have all your friends be BM and if you must give each something to do. But I promise you, your guests do. not. care.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    Keep in mind that a lot of people don't like public speaking.  So the issue of who gives the speech may sort itself out if someone actually does want to speak. 
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    I'm only having 2 BMs, both close friends of mine, with no MOH. I don't feel like it's fair to say I love one more than the other, especially since there's only two.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    I'm not choosing a MOH.  I love my gals equally and I just couldn't pick one of the over the other. 
  • Options
    Ali--what's the dog chasing/running from in your ticker? I'm intrigued.
    Courtesy of megk8oz

• Options
    I am not having a MOH. My baby (and only) sis died in 2007 in a car accident, and we had always talked about being the MOH in eachothers weddings. So in her memory I am not having a MOH, as I still consider it to be her. But we are having a smaller wedding, so I am sure that I can figure everything out (toasts, holding ring, etc) with my 3 BMs.
  • Options
    I am not having a MOH as of now, and probably won't.  I have two sisters who will be standing up with me, as well as FH's sister.  My sisters understand that they are all BMs, and that I don't have a MOH, and don't care.  However, the oldest of my two sisters asked me "Is it ok if I just do the MOH things, so that way you have someone helping you?"  Yeah, like I'm gonna complain about someone wanting to help me!!

** FYI - Yes, I know my wedding is still a ways out,  I would not advocate choosing your WP until closer, but ours is ENTIRELY made up of siblings, and no matter what, that's not going to change, so we figured we would give them all a heads-up so they could plan ahead for expenses. **

Anyways, about speaking at the reception, give the entire bridal party the OPTION of speaking if they would like.  I was in a wedding that did this, rather than just the MOH and BM, and it was okay, because not everyone said something, or just uttered "congratulations guys" and passed the mic.  This could help if one or two people are not comnfortable speaking in front of people and the others are.  Plus, sometimes, people really want to be able to say something special to the couple and don't get the chance because they aren't the MOH/BM.  Just make sure to give them a heads-up if you plan on letting all make a toast, and to let them know to keep it short and sweet!

Lilypie Maternity tickers

TTC Since 8/31/11

BFP #1 10/20/11; saw baby's heartbeat at 6 weeks (11/10/11)

Natural M/C #1 11/15/11

BFP #2 2/25/12

PGAL/PAL Welcome
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards