Texas-San Antonio
Options

Target registry..did you know?

My FSIL told us not to register at Target beecause they have some unpublished return policy but I LOVE Target (she does too) and couldn't help myself. She had sait that they won't let you return items over $100 which is apparently true and not true. We talked to the store manager and he said that you can return an item if you have the reciept or gift receipt or if it was purchased AND logged as a purchase from your registry. However, if you get a gift valued at $75 or less without a receipt, you can get a store credit but you are maxed out at $75 a YEAR per drivers license! The manager said you could have a friend return the item with his/her drivers license but then what if that friend needs to return something without a receipt, they'd be out of luck. I may not have gotten all of the details just right but just wanted to put that out there. Ask them about the return policy for items without a receipt if you are going to register there!! Sorry for the vent but I was just really annoyed not because of the policy, I understand that the store has to protect themselves but because it's not published as part of their return policy! I even looked it up online! I didn't ask about an even exchange, like if someone got you towels but in the wrong color how that would work. Like I said, I still registered there...I'm praying people give gift receipts for items not on my registry :)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Target registry..did you know?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I registered at Target, and I have only 1 complaint. We got some duplicates of stuff, and the girl at customer service just had me print off a "gift purchase log" from our registry and gave us the amount on a gift card. This is for items we didn't have a gift receipt for. My ONE major, major complaint is their online orders. We had a few people give us gifts off our registry that they purchased online and had sent to us. Well, the gift doesn't come with a gift receipt nor an invoice. Yes, there is a paper in there with like a gift message, but that paper cannot be used to return the item. Well, how the fudge am I supposed to return it or exchange it? This became an issue when we received 2 of the same vase ($50+ vase). We tried to return one (we had gift receipts for neither) that was mailed to us, and it had gone on clearance for $10. I guess we just felt screwed over since it was mailed to us and they give you nothing you can use to return it.  Our choice was to keep it or only get $10 for it, so we kept it.Other than that, what the OP said is true. My mom works there and that's what she told me as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    And I wanted to add that neither of the vases was shown as "purchased" on our registry, so I guess the gift-giver just saw the vase on the registry and then bought it without purchasing it from the registry itself, if that makes sense.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That stinks about Target, I guess I understand, but I still think it stinks. My SIL registered at Bed Bath and Beyond, and they returned a ton of stuff that was duplicates or wrong color.... and they got cash back from there.. Just and FYI. :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    As much as I love Target, that's why I refused to register there. No matter how organized a registry is, you will still get duplicate items. I have a friend who got married and registered before this policy was enacted. Then, right before the wedding, they changed the policy and they got royally screwed trying to return/exchange items. I don't think it's worth the hassle.We registered at Bed, Bath & Beyond and Pottery Barn and both were great to work with. Highly recommend them both. Plus, when you complete you BBB registry, they'll give you 10% what's left AND you can use your 20% off coupons!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Target wouldn't return ANY of the 4 food processors that we recieved or either of the 2 kitchaid mixers. The mixers were my biggest complaint since they were $200 each and one was from my dad and the other from DH's husband parents. They wouldn't take either back unless we went to one of them and got a gift reciept! I explained how horrible that is and wound up just selling 3 of the food processors and the other mixer on craigslist. I LOVE Target, but I wouldn't register with them for anything ever again
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards