Texas-San Antonio

Bridal Connection in Rolling Oaks Mall *VENT*

I went there today because they are an authorized Maggie Sottero dealer and Im in love with all of her dresses. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE! Caution...this is LONG! LOLFirst, I didnt take a strapless bra since I am still nursing and I am not buying one. So, I ask her if they have one I can use. UM, its a bridal store right? NO they dont have them. Weird...Second, she doesnt know how to lace up the back of the dresses right. So they all fit HORRIBLE! I kept telling her to go tighter and she kept saying the dresses were just too big!Third, she was just flat out RUDE.Fourth, We wanted to take pics of the dress that I LOVED. She flat out yelled at me saying they do not allow pictures because their dresses are "exclusively" from the designer.Fifth, she didnt know the difference between a bussel and a petticoat!!!Lastly, The last dress I tried on was perfect. I was in the middle of discussing everything with my "consultant" and she is undoing the lace in the back. When she says hold on. Then she pulls her CELL PHONE out of her pants. Not even her pocket, she had it hidden under her shirt in her waist line of her pants. Answers it and starts chatting away! A couple minutes later she says hang on again. ASSUMING she is talking to the person on the phone I ask her a question. She looks at me like Im an idiot, and yanks the lace out of the dress and walks out. I got my close on and told FMIL and FSIL LETS GO NOW!!!!!!!!!!I could not believe that happened!! We then went to Celebrations in New Braunfels. I love this bridal shop! My consultant is Amanda and she is absolutely amazing! I tried on so many dresses and she was so patient! Still havent found "the one" but I will be going back soon. So I highly recommend this shop! Its been a LONG day! LOL time for sleep!

Re: Bridal Connection in Rolling Oaks Mall *VENT*

• edited December 2011
    I went there also to look at Bridesmaid dresses and flower girl dresses, and I thought the staff was horrible, they don't have much knowledge and they are like you said flat out rude. I wanted to take a picture of my MOH in some dresses and they were like we don't allow pictures, well how in the heck are you suppose to be able to show the other bridesmaids or try and decide on something. I think they were lacking common sense also, I just didn't like the place, a little "trashy" to me. We ended up getting bridesmaid dresses from Debi's Bridal and I ordered flower girl dresses online from TJ Formal.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm really sorry to hear about your experience there. I had called around to shops in SA looking for a particular Maggie dress, and although none of them had it, the ladies at Bridal Connection did a great job finding similar dresses and mixing and matching other Maggies to help me figure out what the one I wanted would be like. They were all very nice to me, and after I ordered my Maggie they were great with answering my phone calls about the status. I never had any problems getting my dress or any problems with the ladies who helped me. I know they were hiring some new people when I bought my dress, so perhaps that is who you dealt with now. I'm glad to hear you found another shop that you like and I hope it all works out for you.
  • edited December 2011
    I got my dress there without a problem and wasn't given an issue with taking pictures of dresses. Perhaps the people you dealt with were new but I don't know. At least you did find a place that you liked that's what counts.
  • edited December 2011
    The thing is, now that Ive been thinking on it. The dress I REALLY want is at BC. I just dont want to go back there and be treated like crap again. I have hope now that you two ladies say you had great experiences. I think I will call today and talk to a manager. Maybe they can put me at ease. I REFUSE to work with anyone that was there Wednesday.
  • edited December 2011
    Or maybe, I can just go back, get the style number for the dress and have Celebrations order it for me. MUHAHA
  • edited December 2011
    Why bother going back if you're doing to do that? You can just look the dress up on the website for Maggie Sottero or whoever the designer of the dress is.
  • edited December 2011
    Just browse the Maggie site and find the style name. It shouldn't be very hard if you remember the key elements of the dress. You can even order the dress online at somewhere like Pearls Place, Netbride, or Chrissy O's and save several hundred dollars on it. I ordered my Pronovias dress from Lee Phillips Bridal online and saved about $800.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I FINALLY spoke with the manager yesterday. Turns out the girl that helped me was on the verge of being fired anyways. I put the nail in her coffin. So, I have an appointment this week. I LOVE that dress, and the manager promised to take care of me herself. We will see how this goes...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards