July 2012 Weddings
Options

Post your FI tux inspiration as well as your GM here

We are going on friday to pick out FI's tux along with the GM tux's and father tuxes. 

I am thinking of doing maybe a grey tux instead of black.  Our colors are fuschia and lime green.  I was thinking maybe groomsmen in a grey tux with a solid pink tie.  Then mabye FI in a stripe tie to stand out. 

I am not a fan of the white on white for the Groom I think it is so boring.

For Groom but with a grey tux

Groomsmen but with a fuschia tie

Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Post your FI tux inspiration as well as your GM here

• Options

FI chose this look, and I LOVE it. Unfortunately it turned out to be really hard to find a lighter tux like that, so we ended up booking FI and all the guys in dark grey like the picture, but then the GM will have dark grey vests and ties, and FI will have a silver vest and tie. 

Our colours are turquoise and green, but the bridesmaids are all picking their own dresses (see inspiration pic, below) in either of those colours, so we're not having the GM in matching green/turquoise ties.

Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Black tuxes all around for us. No vests, just black bow ties and cummerbunds.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Fi is wearing a black suit with an ivory shirt and tie, nothing outrageous.  I don't want to look back at our pictures and feel outdated. He's picking what style and there are no GMs to coordinate with.

• Options
    Something like this for the Dudes, and all white with black jacket for FI.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I dont have any pics. 

We are just doing black tuxes.  Fi wants to wear an orange vest and GM in royal blue (orange and blue are our colors) So that is what we are doing.
  • Options
    We are going next month, so I'm glad you posted this now to get ideas! FI wants suits, not tuxes, so the guys will re-wear them (they are buying, not renting). 

He wants gray, but is undecided if his will be lighter/darker or the same of the GM. He might get the same, but do a vest with the suit and have the guys not. They'll most likely have pink ties, but more a dusty rose shade than the one you posted.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    All our GM are wearing their own suits and we didn't specify color because, you know, we like to live dangerously, haha. So it'll look something like this:

Our BMs are mismatched too, like Rebis's, so I think they'll go well together.

This is FI's suit, he bought it a couple weeks ago. But he won't be wearing a bowtie: 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    And I think grey suits are so nice for a summer wedding. Especially with your color combination. 
  • Options
    Since we are by the beach, we are doing khaki linen suits with the guys wearing a magenta tie that matches the bridesmaid dresses :-) With an orchid boutenniere.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    mekiakoomekiakoo member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited March 2012
    This is actually our color! Instead of the white button shirt- it'll be black for everybody. FI will be wearing white vest/tie though. Our bridesmaids have the same color too for their dress!

doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ohhh FI and his to do list. Everytime I ask him about his tux and what he wants it to look like, he's like I dunno I've got this taken care of! Right... FI is the king of procrastination while claiming it's actually all part of his master plan and it's all so easy he'll finish it in a heartbeat.*rolls eyes*

Who knows what he's going for. He's mentioned gray but we both realized recently that with his complexion, gray tends to wash him out a bit too much. So he might be going for a darker gray which I think is nice. He's got big plans for his shirt though. I don't quite understand well what he's been trying to describe to me, but it sounds like ruffles and I'm not too excited. He says ruffles is not what he's envisioning but he's going to have an awesome and different looking shirt. Hahaha he makes me laugh! Plus the fact he thinks everything is so easy in wedding world. LOL I already know what will happen in the end. It's been a while since a good FI story, lol just had to share. And mini vent ;-)

As for GMs... so far there's only his BM. His daughter has requested to walk alone, lol, which honestly works out well. But I'm not sure if my sister (BM) will be walking alone too. Either way, I have the feeling his BM won't be getting anything extra special to wear... he might just rent a simple black tux or wear a suit he already owns.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_post-your-fi-tux-inspiration-as-well-as-your-gm-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:3a189d65-d956-4f56-b681-20febcd29cc9Post:3b3a452d-f712-44bd-8632-9daff8c176a6">Re: Post your FI tux inspiration as well as your GM here</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ohhh FI and his to do list. Everytime I ask him about his tux and what he wants it to look like, he's like I dunno I've got this taken care of! Right... FI is the king of procrastination while claiming it's actually all part of his master plan and it's all so easy he'll finish it in a heartbeat.*rolls eyes* Who knows what he's going for. He's mentioned gray but we both realized recently that with his complexion, gray tends to wash him out a bit too much. So he might be going for a darker gray which I think is nice. He's got big plans for his shirt though. I don't quite understand well what he's been trying to describe to me, but <strong>it sounds like ruffles and I'm not too excited. He says ruffles is not what he's envisioning but he's going to have an awesome and different looking shirt.</strong> Hahaha he makes me laugh! Plus the fact he thinks everything is so easy in wedding world. LOL I already know what will happen in the end. It's been a while since a good FI story, lol just had to share. And mini vent ;-) As for GMs... so far there's only his BM. His daughter has requested to walk alone, lol, which honestly works out well. But I'm not sure if my sister (BM) will be walking alone too. Either way, I have the feeling his BM won't be getting anything extra special to wear... he might just rent a simple black tux or wear a suit he already owns.
    Posted by Nati05[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Hahahaa I can just imagine him showing up in a ruffled shirt, too funny!

</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_post-your-fi-tux-inspiration-as-well-as-your-gm-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:3a189d65-d956-4f56-b681-20febcd29cc9Post:c813314b-8f0a-4b2f-89f0-0875d1fc9bb5">Re: Post your FI tux inspiration as well as your GM here</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Post your FI tux inspiration as well as your GM here : Hahahaa I can just imagine him showing up in a <strong>ruffled shirt</strong>, too funny!
    Posted by MeaganR12[/QUOTE]

Like Seinfeld! hahaha j/k
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Nati05Nati05 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2012
    Hahaha! I'm really hoping it looks better than how he describes it. We'll see, we're supposed to go between this week and the next to look at tuxes.

Which btw, I had this question a while ago but forgot.  Since brides have the whole can't see my dress until the ceremony tradition... what about grooms? Do you not get to see their tuxes until the day of? Are you ladies going with your FI to pick out his tux?

Lady I forgot to mention I loove that striped tie in the picture! Looks perfect for your color scheme!

Edited for clarity
  • Options
    Nati- I actually picked the tuxes! My FI could care less so I did it. I probably won't see him in it until I walk down the aisle though.

Our tuxes are dark grey. I wanted light but was outvoted by everyone (seriusly no one else liked the light grey, oh well). The Groomsmen/Bestman will have the grey tux, white shirt, light purple vest and bowtie. FI will have the grey tux, white shirt, chapagne vest/bowtie (to match me). The dads have the same but a grey vest and bowtie. And the ringbearer, I think we're just going to buy him a cute grey suit. I don't want them to spend the money on a tux for a three year old.

image 180 invited image 145 are ready to party image 35 are missing out image 0! can't find the mailbox rsvp's due back June 20th! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Loving the tuxes!!!  This is the tux we picked out.  but it will be a darker purple with the gray

• Options
    FI will wear a black tux with ivory shrit, vest and tie to match me.  He really likes how that looks, so I said that was fine. I kind of like the black vest/tie look, but I think the ivory will look fine too.  I think I'm going to put the GM in black tuxes with a gray vest.  The girls' dresses are a victorian purple that's a bit silvery, so I think it'll look nice. The GM will also wear lavendar bouts to match the girls' dresses. 

We need to make an appointment and do the tux thing soon! Maybe next week :)
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    FI will wear this:

GM will wear this (wistera vest/tie):

We're having an afternoon wedding and I know many on the attire board think that is a huge no-no, but we feel it goes with the formaloity of our wedding styles and, basically, FI wants gray tuxs! How many of you afternoon brides are having tuxs as well?
    ~ES~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards