July 2012 Weddings
Options

July 4th

I just had the thought, is it a bad idea to have your wedding the weekend after the fourth of july? Its on a wednesday this year but i dont want to be the bride who ruined everyones party weekend!

Re: July 4th

• Options
    I don't think so! In the last 3 years, I've been to two July 4th weddings! We had a lot of fun at both. Our wedding date is the Saturday (7/7) after the holiday.  The way I look at it, people can party on Wednesday and then party again on Saturday :)
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    Our wedding is the 7th as well and I figured for the people that are travelling they'll have to take less time off because they'll already have a few days off for the holiday and be able to party both days.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Untitled
    image 218 Invited image 130 Are ready to party!! image 79 Are missing out. :(image 10 Are making me wait. :(
  • Options
    We originally thought about having our wedding on 7/7 but our families have a long time standing plan on the weekend of the 4th. FI's brother had to go to a wedding on the 4th last year and he was not too happy about it.

I would say it depends on what your family and friends usually do on the weekend of 4th.
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My FI's cousin is getting married Thursday July 5th, and honestly, it's really annoying to me. If it was local it might not bother me as much, but it's in Colorado so we have to fly to it and I have a bad feeling that with all the vacation time we're taking for our wedding we're going to be flying ON the Fourth of July. Personally, I would try to pick another date if at all possible. But if not try not to worry about it too much I guess.  
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you everyone for your input!!  You've really helped!
  • Options
    We are getting married on the 4th of July.  We check with all of our VIP's and they are coming in long distance for the wedding and plan on spending a week, so for us it makes perfect sense to have it in the middle of the week.  Those who are local will already have the day off.  Bonus, the fireworks are viewable from our reception site!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards