Texas-San Antonio
Options

Bridal Portraits Vendor Reviews!

I had a crazy beginning to my bridal portraits. I realized that the bridal shop forgot to include the ribbon to tie up my corset dress at the last minute (i.e. 10 minutes before my portraits!).....So after an emergency Hobby Lobby trip, I ended up having to go straight to the McNay, where I had to **blushes** change into my wedding gown in the parking lot!! haha! The museum is closed on Mondays so I couldn't go inside to change....Total embarrassment!! Anyhoo...I won't have the pics back from my photographer for a few weeks but I thought I'd give my vendor reviews! Hair and Makeup - Roseanne Harris: A+ I *loved* my hair/makeup....I have a pic of how my makeup and hair looked under 'beauty' in my bio. She also is really nice and fun. We had a lot of fun during the trial and the portrait makeovers. I will say that about 4 or 5 hours after the hairstyle my curls fell a little...but such is life. It's been over 10 hours since she did my hair and makeup right now and the makeup is still PERFECT and the hair looks great - just not as curly. Flowers - Eden's Echo: A+ Erin was AMAZING. First of all she had to help me get into my dress (in the parking lot) because my mom was having trouble tying up the corset! She was completely sweet and helpful. The flowers were lovely and exactly what I wanted. She even stayed with me for part of the bridal portraits. I think she's going to post pics on her blog!!! So visit her blog soon to see pics. Venue - McNay Art Museum: A We used the grounds of the museum for the pics and it was truly beautiful. I can't give it an A+ because it was SO hot....not that that's the McNay's fault.....but you may consider doing your portraits inside because I was sweating up a storm and my face was getting hot pink from the heat! Photographer - Amy DeYoung: ??? most likely an A+++++ I don't get to see the teasers for a few weeks, but Amy is such an amazing photographer, I have ZERO worries. Jewelry - Monique's Boutiqe: A For those of you still looking for wedding jewelry, I loved the jewelry Monique custom made for me. Go to her website online and send her an email. I promise you'll love her. HTH!!!!!!!

Re: Bridal Portraits Vendor Reviews!

• Options
    MBLoveMBLove member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow Rachel your hair and makeup is BEAUTIFUL. You look exactly like that celebrity underneath (forgot her name) from Mama Mia. I think someone once said you also look like the girl from Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, but with your hair and makeup like that you just look ethereal and stunning! Congrats and I can't wait to see the B-pics!
    Photobucket image
  • Options
    jgilbergjgilberg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You really do look like Amanda Seyfried!Your makeup and hair look lovely btw!~Julie
  • Options
    marissa54marissa54 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You look beautiful!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Love both the hair and makeup! Great colors on you..that's my fear that I won't love the "looks" that I'm bringing to show my makeup artist once they are on me! And...alas...I wish I had that much hair. Beautiful! Can't wait to see the pics. I am also considering doing my portraits at the McNay (Oct) so hopefully it'll be cooler by then!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aww you looked so pretty and it sounded like you had a great time. I can't wait to see the pictures! Let us know once any of your vendors post some teaser pics. I wish I had your hair too!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Your hair and makeup looked REALLY REALLY great. Especially if you said that look lasted throughout the day!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards